New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No charges have been filed against a Philadelphia father who shot a man who police said was his daughter's boyfriend when he was caught in her bedroom.

Philadelphia police on Monday responded to a 911 call from a home where a 41-year-old man lived with his 20-year-old daughter.

"Upon police arrival, they found a 32-year-old male who was shot one time in the head," Philadelphia Police Chief Inspector Scott Small explained, according to WPVI.

'No, daddy, no!': Philly dad catches daughter's boyfriend in bedroom, shoots him in head

·
Registered
170 Posts
if that happened in NY he wouldve already been charged and gotten life in prison...

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Not charged?? Wow, that dude should be put away! Ive got a 14year old daughter and that sure as hell aint the way to do things. i dont care, this guy is crazy?!

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
well that sucks for everyone. sounds like the guy snuck into the house (a freaking 32 year old man sneaking in the house with a 20 year old girl is wrong), and then he didnt listen to commands while the father held a gun on him...

not that he deserved to be shot from what ive read, but considering the actions this guy took he really put himself in a very bad position.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
Not charged?? Wow, that dude should be put away! Ive got a 14year old daughter and that sure as hell aint the way to do things. i dont care, this guy is crazy?!
dont be so quick to judge without all the facts...

·
Registered
170 Posts
well that sucks for everyone. sounds like the guy snuck into the house (a freaking 32 year old man sneaking in the house with a 20 year old girl is wrong), and then he didnt listen to commands while the father held a gun on him...

not that he deserved to be shot from what ive read, but considering the actions this guy took he really put himself in a very bad position.
i agree 100%.. he shouldve listened to the father

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
dont be so quick to judge without all the facts...
Still..unless the girl was being raped or something terrible, defitnitly not the way to handle it..il retract my previous statement if the facts are that she was in total danger..yea 32 guy crawlin in windows isnt good but if she wanted him there...well then, i stand by my words.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
Still..unless the girl was being raped or something terrible, defitnitly not the way to handle it..il retract my previous statement if the facts are that she was in total danger..yea 32 guy crawlin in windows isnt good but if she wanted him there...well then, i stand by my words.
I'm certainly not saying that it was a good shoot, or even that the guy deserved to be shot. However he made some pretty bad choices that led to this terrible accident happening. And without all of the facts being known it's tough to say if this father should face charges or not.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
She is 20, he was 32, both consenting adults whether the father liked it or not. Trespassing, maybe. But to shoot the guy even though he wasn't "listening" goes too far as for the information provided. Knock him the **** out if he wasn't listening to verbal orders to get on the ground. It has a sense that the father has no issues with taking a human life just to do it.
There are a hundred better ways he could have handled this. My step children and wife's granddaughters live with us, I do see a problem here. When my 18yr old stepdaughter had her bf in her room I was pretty pissed but didn't shoot the dude. If someone forcibly entered and threatened harm to them well all bets are off.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Depending upon the circumsatance maybe it was the right choice for the father, the daughter might of gotten into the world of drugs and had a POS older guy that was filling her up with meth, herion or some other type of drug and the father was done with that type of behavior in his house.

There's got to be more then what a biased story has to tell about it, If the 32 year old guy was a convicted drug user and out preying on a 20 year old then "Good Shot" in my opinion. I've seen this type and they are nothing but a BIG PIECE OF SH!T, period.

If this guy was a stand up guy why didn't he take the little ***** back to his place? Probably because he doesn't have one.
If this is the case I hope the DA doesn't persue any charges.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Regardless if the guy was a POS drug dealer/user or not, we have enough problems with our government, politicians, some LOEs, etc sidestepping the Constitution and BOR. We don't need to extend the same to every parent or person walking down the street. we need to fix the system not add to the problem. If everyone shot everyone else who they thought was a POS you can be guaranteed that our Rights will be brought under more assault that they are now.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
11:30pm and crawling in a second story window of an apartment building. Possible struggle. Sounds like self defense to me. I was always use the door when I'm invited over to avoid these types of scenarios.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
11:30pm and crawling in a second story window of an apartment building. Possible struggle. Sounds like self defense to me. I was always use the door when I'm invited over to avoid these types of scenarios.
Now now GS you arent thinking in a young girls sneaky way though...plenty o times in my young days and probably others can attest..we snuck in and around the parents to go play around. But still nobody really knows what this story is, were they secret lovers gone bad? Was he just evil? We will soon see..

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Just judging by the headline "no daddy no" I would say she wanted him there. I'm with ya...thats murder IMO with the facts I have.

I too have only boys and couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Pretty frightening to think that could have been me. I was caught in my girlfriends room when I was 17.(5 minutes earlier and I might have been dead) I nearly crapped my pants. Father was in the Army about 6'5" 265lbs. He picked me up with one hand by the back of my shirt, walked me down the stairs, tossed me out on the front porch and told me to never come back again. I was back 2 weeks later. ;) Her Mother loved me.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts