New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
wonder what will happen to him, perhaps a promotion to the secret service?

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
Longer version is even worse.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
This is so wrong that it almost seems like it must be fake. I can't believe a police officer actually stated this while being videotaped.
Seems like a legit video. I like the statement where he acknowledges that Obama has, "decimated the Constitution." Using that as an excuse not to follow it; however, not so good...

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
Deleted for incorrect information!

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Wow if that is t a wakeup call I don't know what is !i would take that vid right down " fat " Christies office and then see what could be done about this !

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Seems like a legit video. I like the statement where he acknowledges that Obama has, "decimated the Constitution." Using that as an excuse not to follow it; however, not so good...
Cop must have had a sugar high from all the mornings dougnuts! What a stupid thing to say!

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Looks like someone seriously lost his cool, though he is right about Obama!

I'll never understand why cops engage people who are recording them. I completely ignore them unless they get too close. Maybe it's just not common for him to deal with this. I have cameras on me the second I get out of the car, nearly every time, so I'm used to it. This morning two idiots filmed me riding a Citi-bike around trying to find a docking station to put it in. Maybe they were expecting me to taser the bike?

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
There's a lot of editing in that video by the way. That should bother everyone, not just people who lean towards the police side of the issue. That cop very well could have said something like, "The person you're complaining about just told me..." but it was edited to for a reason known to the recorder to make sure the statement is understood to be the cop's personal opinion.

Looks like a great example of "activists" whose complaint had nothing to do with the police turning an otherwise benign interaction into an intentional aggravation for whoever got stuck dealing with them. Even more of a reason to ignore them, provide the absolute minimum required service, and walk away.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There's a lot of editing in that video by the way.
I didn't see as much editing in the long version of the video.

Looks like a great example of "activists" whose complaint had nothing to do with the police turning an otherwise benign interaction into an intentional aggravation for whoever got stuck dealing with them.
I'm a little confused about why the guy was complaining at the police station. Then again, if I knew about government corruption and then had issues at a government facility I really have no idea where I'd take my complaint. To the town board and local news outlets perhaps? On the flip side, I can't think of a situation where it would ever make sense for a police officer to say he can ignore the constitution.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
.... I just shake my head. Airborne is right; when you see a camera, STFU. Especially when your emotional.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
There's a lot of editing in that video by the way. That should bother everyone, not just people who lean towards the police side of the issue. That cop very well could have said something like, "The person you're complaining about just told me..." but it was edited to for a reason known to the recorder to make sure the statement is understood to be the cop's personal opinion.

Looks like a great example of "activists" whose complaint had nothing to do with the police turning an otherwise benign interaction into an intentional aggravation for whoever got stuck dealing with them. Even more of a reason to ignore them, provide the absolute minimum required service, and walk away.
Didn't see any "editing", but then I'm not an expert. I didn't see any editing done about the most bothersome part at all. you know, the Constitution part!

Hey Monroe County! are you playing this "We don't have to follow the Constitution" crap too? is this how you handle yourselves when you have been trumped?

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Didn't see any "editing", but then I'm not an expert. I didn't see any editing done about the most bothersome part at all. you know, the Constitution part!
You can tell if you pay attention to the sound and how his tone changes too quickly. It was pretty obvious to me. I'll watch the longer one later. Heading to bed after a far too long shift.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
The cop was clearly out of line and shouldn't have made those remarks. But it does show that leadership in Washington matters. If the government is perceived as illegitimate, these types of thoughts start making the rounds. Another legacy of the current administration. Way to go barack. You've set such a wonderful example.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Apparently the police officer who made the statement was retired and working part time. He has now resigned from his part time position.

Helmetta, NJ cop in Obama rant resigns after video goes viral

In the video, taken Monday at the borough's Municipal Building, Recine tells resident Steve Wronko that "Obama has decimated the friggin' Constitution, so I don't give a damn," after Wronko insists he has a constitutional right to take pictures inside the building.
But on Thursday, Recine, a registered Democrat who serves on the elected Board of Fire Commissioners of District 2 in Piscataway, said he was being "sarcastic."

1 - 17 of 17 Posts