New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Occupy NYF JBT Tank Operator
2,326 Posts
Look into Malkoff dropins or Terralux ones. You will be disappointed with the niteize.

2,326 Posts
Haha nice. What type of battery and how many cells is the light?

· Registered
1,701 Posts
I have two LED maglites that turn off when they are bumped / shaken. I gave up using them because they drive me crazy and I am constantly hitting them with my hand to get them to come back on. Any of you guys have any idea on what the problem may be?

Can LED maglites take replacement parts or just the xenon ones for the drop in replacements?

2,326 Posts
Sounds like a loose connection somewhere. I would contact maglite and send it in for repair. Only the incandescent bulb ones can take replacement parts.

· Registered
1,038 Posts
I haven't found a decent maglight drop in yet, but I am spoiled with LED flashlights.

I started making my own with P7 drop in modules from Deal Extreme. You can either use a regular 4D mag with alkaline batteries, or I have one that ahas a special 6cell AA cradle.

If you are interested in making your own and are a little handy go over to candle power forums, those guys make ridiculous flashlights.

2,326 Posts
You don't think the Malkoff Devices drop-ins are decent?

· Registered
1,038 Posts
You don't think the Malkoff Devices drop-ins are decent?
I didn't realize he was making them for maglites.

I thought he only offered the smaller ones. Been out of the loop for awhile.

Edit: Just checked, the one option they offer is probably pretty awesome, but the price would keep me from getting it. For $70 I could probably make 2 full lights from scratch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.