New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming home from a trip this morning and the wife texted saying I got my approval letter. No details on restrictions just that I need to go to the office to pick it up. Will update on restriction once I pick it up. Dropped off all paperwork in April, interview in May permit granted in August, just giving a timeline for this going through the process.

I am writing this on the plane as I am so excited!!

·
Registered
315 Posts
That is good news- I hope i get mine soon- i had application in at the end of april and my interview in june.

tdpark

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Congrats. With the mental health check backups it's lucky to get anything through it seems. Oh, and welcome to the forum :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone. I went pick up my license today and is unrestricted! Unrestricted out of the gate I was shocked but very happy! The

·
Registered
343 Posts
Congrats. With the mental health check backups it's lucky to get anything through it seems. Oh, and welcome to the forum :)
Don't want to get off topic, but does anyone know the reason why there is such a delay with the mental health checks in Albany?

Also, congratulations to you dasani!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Congrats! If you don't mind answering, who was your issuing judge? I had my interview first week in May like you and am still waiting. I also have a handful of arrests for them to investigate though.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
I'm also curious who your judge is. Mine is signed by Bivona, who has a reputation for not giving out Unrestricted very often.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It was Freehill. There was nothing in my background check with regards to arrests. I was told that Freehill is usually one of the best when it comes to issuing unrestricted.

Best of luck guys!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts