New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I have been waiting since FEB 3, 2012. All my references have returned the required documentation. I call the Permit office they told me that the NFPD had my package and would be setting up an interview. That was back in March. Should I wait until the 6 month window expires before calling the Niagara Pistol Permit office?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would consider calling the NFPD detective bureau. When my fiancee and I had our interviews, she was originally called by a Det. to do her interview, and she mentioned that my application should be there as well. He checked and another Det had mine, so he pulled it from his pile. He said he was going on vacation and wanted to get his done before he left. Who knows when I would have been called if she didn't mention that we both were waiting. I applied Feb 24 (fingerprints), and had my interview the first week of April, permit was issued on May 23. Maybe it was misplaced, or there is an issue, but if it is in their hands, its probably who you will want to call.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
My buddy waited almost a year for his! He kept calling NFPD and they kept telling him it was in the pile. He was called in for his interview and still had a long wait, almost to the point where I thought something must have turned up and they were going to decline him. All of a sudden he received his letter that his application was approved. Go figure!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Have your references been contacted? I live in NT and my buddy used me as a reference and he lives in NF. They contacted me in April and a month later he had an interview with the Detective at the Police station. Still hasn't received his permit though. When I put in my application I lived in the falls and I waited 3 months, moved to NT and a month later I had my permit...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have your references been contacted? I live in NT and my buddy used me as a reference and he lives in NF. They contacted me in April and a month later he had an interview with the Detective at the Police station. Still hasn't received his permit though. When I put in my application I lived in the falls and I waited 3 months, moved to NT and a month later I had my permit...
None of my reference have been interviewed yet. I will call the permit office and see what direction they point me in.

Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
References won't get interviewed. They will just receive the questionierre in the mail. However if one them screwed up, or didnt mail it back in the 10 day window, you can have problems. If you already contacted the Permit Office, and they told you in was in NFPD hands, contact NFPD.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts