New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title says it all! I shot my NFT or H&R pardner pump for the first time and I started to notice all kinds of scratches apperaring on the top of the bore! The the hell was cause this? How to fix it? THanks.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I'm assuming you're talking about inside the bore. You have things moving in there at over 1000fps. You can expected scratches. Its perfectly normal.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Probably not scratches actually. I've thought that before as well. After a good scrubbing with a bore brush dipped in Hoppe's #9, and a few patches afterwards, those lines disappeared.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
What is hung over the top of it?

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
My guess would be that something's swinging loose on there, or if you're putting it in a rack it could be that that's scratching it.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Those are definitely scratches from something rubbing against it. Either shells in the case with the gun during transportation or something hitting/rubbing the barrel when fired or a really shi**y gun rack or cabinet is doing it. Those marks shouldn't be like that from firing it alone. Is this a pump action or semi?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ITs a pump, I don't have a gun rack and didn't use any gun rack. My case just had the gun in it. How can I fix this before it rusts on me. Will it rust??

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
If you need an easy fix, clean and degrease it and paint the exposed surface with a can of Krylon. If you want it done better, there's a few people who'll Duracoat it, and then it ought to be better than factory.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts