New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
If they do that and implement it successfully that is going to be a very good solution.
I can see someone really directly affected by this tragedy first hand is going to do everything possible to protect their loved ones, pretty much like a mother bear would do with her cubs.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Nice.....

I think they seen that the "GUN FREE ZONE" signs blaring everywhere didn't work too well (which is the typical liberal answer). Now its time to get realistic.

The only way to take down a bad guy with a a gun, is with a good guy with a gun.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
This is great news since all the liberal MSM has been spreading their bullshat about what is best for newtown and the country! Lets see if the MSM talks about this!

·
Registered
449 Posts
When I was in school we had a crap ton of bomb threats, and even a kid that made a 2 page list of names he was going to kill and a date of which he was going to do so. The school then brought in armed guards, needless to say the kid never made good on his list and all the morons making the bomb threats, stopped.

Armed people in school HELP, all the people that say other wise can have a pineapple or two shoved up their butt

·
Registered
318 Posts
The liberals are the first to say you shouldn't have guns in YOURS schools, but it's a different story when it's THEIR schools and THEIR children being protected. It's the same for any other topic i.e. do what I say from my ivory tower and not as I do.

·
Registered
456 Posts
My guess is you wont see this on the national news. Reality rears its head. Good for them.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
The liberals are the first to say you shouldn't have guns in YOURS schools, but it's a different story when it's THEIR schools and THEIR children being protected. It's the same for any other topic i.e. do what I say from my ivory tower and not as I do.
You need to not throw around that word as a negative so freely friend. I am an independent but mostly liberal and I know several, including the democrat assemblyman in my district who belie in 2A and have no problem with armed guards in schools. This isn't about democrats vs Republicans, its about a small group of cowards and a knee jerk reaction to a tragedy using their political clout to get what they want.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
You need to not throw around that word as a negative so freely friend. I am an independent but mostly liberal and I know several, including the democrat assemblyman in my district who belie in 2A and have no problem with armed guards in schools. This isn't about democrats vs Republicans, its about a small group of cowards and a knee jerk reaction to a tragedy using their political clout to get what they want.
I read this from a few now and then. How many people on the right do you here on a local state or national level calling for sweeping gun control and calling us all the things OB, Como, Slaugther, Fienstein, Pelosi? Ok Bloomburg and...? This is why we lump them the way we do. If you are pro-gun and voted for any of these people are you now upset that they are coming after your guns? If so why, they all have had an anti-gun stance and made no bones about wanting to take them.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I do not want to live in a police state and I don't want my kids to get used to living in one. I don't know what the right answer is, but armed officers in school is NOT it. Thats how it works, give the people exactly what they ask for to make them 'safer'. Where are you going to want them next? The mall, the grocery store, posted in towers at every intersecion and every state border? Just saying, be careful what you ask for. BTW wouldn't common sense be asking not how these people got their guns, but WHY are they so mentally unstable? And guess what, its not video games.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.