New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's give a hand to the Dept. of Corrections, and the NYSP as well, for ignoring the 1st Amendment and doing it all for the camera. Reporter doing his job is subjected to intimidation, threat of arrest and theft of his property. Complicit in this offense is the NYSP, the responding Trooper has no problem with violating the Reporter's rights, only after attorneys were called and these clowns were told to stand down did their threats of arrest cease. I give the Reporter a big thumbs up for simply LAUGHING at the idiots who think they're allowed to deny him his rights.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
that clown was on a power trip... glad this journalist laughed in his face.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
the first is no good with out the second. When will the lame stream media figure that out?

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
Wow, what a joke. It must have been to make sure they were not gathering intel to help a prisoner escape from the empty prison. Officer safety and all that.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Dont worry, just like always Im sure its just one bad apple in that bunch that happened to get caught on camera, nothing to see here, move along, trust the police they are your friends and are here to assist you. (cant believe I was able to type all that through my own laughter) ;)

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Wow, what a joke. It must have been to make sure they were not gathering intel to help a prisoner escape from the empty prison. Officer safety and all that.
Nah just protecting the interests of the rich film company filming at the prison, Im figuiring that the reporter was assumed to be papperazi.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How many other Corrections Officers are "guarding" an EMPTY prison? :D

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Video removed. Got an alternate feed?

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Prison officers block news crew from tourist site - Houston Chronicle

"The actions of the Department of Corrections officers were an infringement on their First Amendment rights to report the news," NYSAPA President Ken Tingley said in a letter to journalists across the state Friday. "We believe that the Channel 13 crew is owed an apology and that news media across the state need to be assured by Department of Corrections officials and Gov. Cuomo that this incident will be investigated and disciplinary measures taken to ensure that people's rights to a free press are not infringed."

I'm sure dickhead will get right on it lol!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I watched that on the news last night and was irritated by what I saw,especially when they blocked the road and then drove as slow as possible in front of the reporter.

I was curious if the"follow up story" that they were doing was just a cover to try to get closer to the filming going on at the prison though.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That news reporter is my hero. I'm surprised he could put his emotions aside, beyond humor, and talk to these guys. I'd be too choked up. I mean, you have to feel bad for them:

No gun.
No official marked cars to drive around in.
No prisoners to harass.
General lack of citizens to harass.
And, the big kicker it seems, no real authoratah.

I mean, he probably only gets to show off the size of his nightstick once, maybe twice a month.

How sad.:(

Good to see the news reporters at least somewhat well informed in a situation like this, and taking the "Uh, yeah we will - FU." approach instead of the "Oh, so sorry. :( I leave now with tail between legs."

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Guy, The first video isn't available and the second link crashed me twice, and when I tried another way in, it crashed me again!
Robin

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Robin, the 2nd link is NewChannel 13's website, I just tried the linked page and had no problem with it loading.

·
Registered
6,617 Posts

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
I imagine that illegal blocking of a public road isn't that great of a thing for a CO to have on his record. And that little maneuver he pulled at the beginning of the video looked pretty shady to me too.

Perhaps these gentlemen are only familiar with imaginary laws and not real ones?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts