New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) - Mayor Bill de Blasio and City Council Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito announced a multi-million dollar effort to reduce gun violence in New York City on Wednesday.

In response to rising gun violence, the city will invest $12.7 million to create a Gun Violence Crisis Management System.

The new initiative will expand a previous violence prevention project to more neighborhoods that need it.

City Announces New $12.7 Million Gun Violence Prevention Initiative « CBS New York

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Here's an idea. Revamp the permit process so legal, law abiding citizens in NYC can legally carry concealed handguns.

BOOM. I just saved NYC $12.7 million dollars and cut violent crime in half or more. I'll take my commission of $100,000 now. It's bargain, wouldn't you say?

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Jesus H.. just legalize drugs.. gangs won't know what the **** to do after that happens. Hell, they might even set up shop and pay taxes.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Your tax dollars at work ! Ha ha. 12.7 MILLION DOLLARS to do nothing ! It's just unreal.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I got to believe that 12 mil could be spent in alot of better places down in that **** hole.Just a guess on my part though

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
12.7 too buy a few more Armored trucks and more SWAT gear to surround the elite.

Here is a noval idea, Higher more qualified detectives, beat cops dont have the skill set to track, compile evidence that can stop gang/organized crime. Nothing good comes from drugs but enough clogging the courts, the jails and man power by arresting possession offenders, prostitution and a guy selling cigarettes on the corner and focus on the dam dealers.

Why keep swatting at the flies, scoop up and toss away the pile of horse **** that keeps attracting them. City acts like they don't already know who the major players are.

Your tax dollars at work ! Ha ha. 12.7 MILLION DOLLARS to do nothing ! It's just unreal.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Efay Charles, who runs an anti-violence program, said it’s about teaching the right skills.
“How to handle disputes without pulling a weapon,” she said.
Charles said her anti-violence program helps young people think about the choices at hand when it comes to violence and “imagine a different life for themselves because a lot of our young people do not have hope.”

young people or do you mean gang banngers!!

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Or dispense with the bull**** and let law abiding citizens carry. Might make a few gang bangers think twice about drawing when there's a good chance that fire will be returned.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts