1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I am absolutely going to the new burg show. Not sure what I am going to purchase but I want to support the vendors with the hopes more vendor will show up.

I do Need a magazine or two, and some rifle parts,

·
Registered
64 Posts
The newburgh gunshow has the same dealers with the same items found at the middletown gun show. The only difference is petronis gave in to the antis and catered to schniederman plus he gave a tour to the human vegetable giffords at his show. Both promotors are overly strict in my opinion. Both shows are neutered as to what can be sold due to emperor govs unsafe act , no high cap mags except for LEOs and high priced ammo. Both have thier faults. Petronis likes to get first dibbs on any rifle coming into the show doors and runs around like nervous nelly, newmans checkers at the middletown show cant tell the difference between an custom ar AIR rifle and real one and have to be told that a 1896 dated carcano is legal antique because its before 1898. . Plus the middletown promoters took over the matamoras pa show and run it like a ny show. Best thing to do is get the vendors bussiness card and do bussiness directly and cut out the middlemen. Best deals can be found at real pa shows.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you "Anarchy", you've given me something to think about.
...Ron

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
We will be at the Newburgh GUN Show this Labor Day Weekend.
Please stop by and check new line of 300 Blackout and 308 Upper.
**Special ! Premium barrel 1:7 twist 16" $ 199

GUN Show
Ice Time Sports Complex
21 Lakeside Road
New Burgh, NY 12550

August 30 Saturday: 9:00 to 5:00
August 31 Sunday : 9:00 to 3:00

·
Registered
753 Posts
The newburgh gunshow has the same dealers with the same items found at the middletown gun show. The only difference is petronis gave in to the antis and catered to schniederman plus he gave a tour to the human vegetable giffords at his show. Both promotors are overly strict in my opinion. Both shows are neutered as to what can be sold due to emperor govs unsafe act , no high cap mags except for LEOs and high priced ammo. Both have thier faults. Petronis likes to get first dibbs on any rifle coming into the show doors and runs around like nervous nelly, newmans checkers at the middletown show cant tell the difference between an custom ar AIR rifle and real one and have to be told that a 1896 dated carcano is legal antique because its before 1898. . Plus the middletown promoters took over the matamoras pa show and run it like a ny show. Best thing to do is get the vendors bussiness card and do bussiness directly and cut out the middlemen. Best deals can be found at real pa shows.
silent - I've been meaning to hit a few of the PA shows for a while now. Which upcoming show(s) would you recommend? I'm from Westchester and would be interested in a good selection of C&R firearms, surplus ammo, tactical goodies and quality knives.

Thanks,
M

·
Registered
64 Posts
silent - I've been meaning to hit a few of the PA shows for a while now. Which upcoming show(s) would you recommend? I'm from Westchester and would be interested in a good selection of C&R firearms, surplus ammo, tactical goodies and quality knives.

Thanks,
M
For C&R try the FDHAS allentown show in oct, You can also try the split rock lake harmony pa show for C&R. Both show will have various pricing on ammo. The better deals on some mil surp ammo comes from small sellers. The harrisburg pa show used to have a good selection of C&R but its hit or miss due to the fact its much smaller then it was in the past. But you can still find modern tactical gear there. All shows have knife dealers but i think middletown ny has more of them. The oaks pa show is huge enough to find all you want but i have seen prices seem to be higher there. You can do a web search to find small firehouse shows in pa and there you can sometimes find a sleeper but always remember to look under the tables with no covers, thats how i scpored 2 original k98 slings at $25 each.. I hate to admit it but my best ammo deal was at middletown about 2 years ago. A small seller had some ammo cans under his table so my curiousty got the best of my and i bought 2 ammo cans filled with 9mm 8mm and 7.62X25 at $50 each can. All milsurp. He had 30-06 and 308 and various other pistol calibers but i didnt need any of that. You can try matamoras pa but the promoter of middletown took over that show and i even avoid it now, shame. Ny shows are becoming so neutered and PC anymore that its not worth the $11-$10 admission anymore, always remember that when you buy something. Sure you can save a few bucks sometimes at shows over the internet but factor in your gas money and addmision money to see if you save. And dont think of it as supporting venders, that admission money goes to the promoter. Nearly all venders now use the internet and the shows are a way to give out bussiness cards so always remember to get cards or contact info from dealers and cut out the middleman.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Thanks very much silent. I really appreciate your detailed response and the tip about looking UNDER the tables. I'm usually so absorbed with what's on top, that I neglect to look at what's underneath or behind. It's so easy to get tunnel vision when you're looking for a particular item(s).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts