New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all, Since I signed on here 10 days ago, I have learned a lot. I have gotten my permit application going and provided the Sheriff's site and Rensselaer County Clerk's office info to the Site Administrator. At the risk of repeating, here is the Rensselaer County Sheriff's page on permits.

Also, I signed up for the SigSauer Academy 101 course (Epping, NH 2/27) --principally to physically handle a weapon and help make my choice sensibly.

Then yesterday, at the Albany Gun Show, on the advice of a long-time shooting friend, I purchased a (barely) used pistol, a High Standard Victor in original box for what seems to be reasonable money.

I am now researching the pistol and ammo and figuring out what else I need to learn as the months of permitting investigation drag by.

What I 'spose should be next is learning about local shooting clubs/sites. I do live on the edge of town (right on the Hudson), so I can wander north a block and plink away; but if any of you have any observations on Capital District clubs/sites, (especially with indoor pistol facilities) with the intention of joining one over my 6-8 month waiting period, I'd welcome the input.

Last, I'll mention that I am recently retired from NYS government, much of which was spent in senior positions with the legislature and the Governor's Office, and some lobbying for major corps. Though I am now in the minority party, I still know my way around town and live within sight of the Capitol. If I can be helpful, I'll certainly try.

Hope I can contribute as much as I have learned here already.

Oh, and BTW, in my avatar, I am aiming a DSLR camera, not a gun--another of my passions, along with motorcycling, etc.

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Your understanding of the ways in which Albany work might prove to be helpfull if you can give some directions to the most effective means of stopping these Communist laws. We'd be glad to hear your ideas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.