New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
377 Posts
I would send the Revolver back to Ruger. They will replace any worn or defective parts. If the revolver was misfiring or jamming the cylinder that many times, it could be a worn hand and cylinder issue.

· Registered
377 Posts
I hope you are wrong because I called Ruger this afternoon. They said parts aren't really available anymore. They said if I send it and they can duplicate the issue they will see if it is repairable. Now does anyone know if a NYC permittee can ship direct to them? (Ruger said yes) I am guessing I will have to my FFL do it. Also once it is shipped it is out of control, so if it is lost/stolen could you be held criminally liable if it turns up in a crime? Thinking I was being careful and responsible I opted out of a new Glock 45 for this gun and it might cost me 6 month wait to replace it and a hefty$ loss to boot. Not a happy new owner.
Ruger is still a reputable company, we had Ruger Security Six revolvers along Smith and Wesson revolvers in our department before going to the Glock 9mm. When I read your post about the revolver jamming up that many times, it is likely a mechanical problem. We had revolvers jam up. Not saying revolvers are unreliable. They are prone to malfunctioning when not properly maintained. From bent ejection rods to bullets that jumped the crimp in the cylinder locking up the revolver. These things happen, it’s not something you want in a real life and death situation.
Buying new or used from a local gun store who will back up the sale is always a bonus.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts