New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I'm new on the forum just wondering if anyone knows where outside of NYC I can store my hunting guns pretty cheap because I'm too young to get the permits in the city. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks ahead of time.
-Pejopl93

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
No friends upstate that you can leave them with?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah. Thanks for the welcome. And no I don't have anyone upstate. Is there any storage units where I would be able to store ?

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
Not a tv guy if thats what you meant by cable and Thanks for the help
I think he's talking about Storage Wars on tv.

I'd just get a small storage locker. Probably the only option.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah that makes the most sense just have to find one that's near the thruway since I'll be driving up from the city. And right now I keep them at a family friends whos selling his home in the next month

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
It's 21 to get a rifle/shotgun permit in NYC!? o_O

How is that not an absolutely 2A violation for 18-20 year olds...? I know NYC does it's own thing, but isn't it 18 for rifle/shotgun?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Any permit for firearms handgun or shotgun/rifle in NYC is 21 and it's a lengthy process that's will cost you a few hundred bucks too. I worked in some crappy neighborhoods here and always carried a knife just in case got them confiscated 2 times Can't do anything here.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
I'll be damned. You know what this means right? The people in NYC 18-20 have NO right to bear arms! WTF!? Learn something new and terrible about NYC every day! :(

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
How do you plan on purchasing them? No gun shop will sell to a NYC resident without proof of a permit. They don't care where you say you will store them since your residence is in the city and at any point in time you could bring them with you back home instead of leave them in the location you said you are storing them in.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
How do you plan on purchasing them? No gun shop will sell to a NYC resident without proof of a permit. They don't care where you say you will store them since your residence is in the city and at any point in time you could bring them with you back home instead of leave them in the location you said you are storing them in.
He already owns them. It sounds like he's moving to NYC, but can't bring them with him.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I think a storage facility may be your only option BUT I dont think it is a good option. If you decide to go that route do as others have suggested and get something to secure them like a safe or lockable cabinet. You may also want to think about a way to get them in and out without people noticing you are bringing out a gun case every time.

Where do you plan on shooting? Who do you shoot with? Can they store them for you?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts