1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
I have so much anger in me now! Took me 5 months to find work after I closed my company. Sold some guns to members to pay my mortgage a couple of times. Gotta love NY bullsh*t!

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
I thought tis thread was just going to be a pic. of Bloomers. :(

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
That's prevailing wage law for ya. As a recipient of prevailing wage at work when I'm doing public works jobs - I can't say I'm complaining on payday... as a taxpayer - yeah, these people should be making $10-12/hr for what amounts to unskilled labor.

Better yet - put the chain gangs to work.

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
Either way, why should I have my taxes raised to continue to pay these ridiculous wages and have the government blow my money in general. It sounds to me spending like this should be a no brainer for government to change to reasonable wages. If they did that accross the board it would seem that it would put a huge dent in our deficit.

·
The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
So, they are paying them them the comparable rate as a regular full time employee. Does anybody else find it ridiculous that they are paying someone $64k a year plus about $40k in benefits? They're doing manual labor for god sakes. They're moving stones, cutting up wood, etc. It's an unskilled job, not rocket science.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
$51.71 per hour, but you cap out at $12k. Not bad for 6 weeks work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts