New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Big smile on my face! My new XDS45 from Springfield arrived to the store on Friday, just got back from the PP office in Buffalo. Picking it up in a couple of hours, shooting it this weekend! Looks and feels better than I thought it would.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Pics or it didn't happen! :)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Very nice! Can't wait to hear a range report. I've been kind of torn between picking up one of these, or the shield in 9mm (I hear Springfield is going to start shipping XDs's in 9mm & 40sw this summer) A nice slim gun for summer carry would be sweet.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Both are very similar. Shield is in 9mm where the XDS is 45. Both great guns. Where did you get the Shield from?
On order with Buffalo Gun. It's intended to be my wife's new carry gun unless she doesn't get along with it on the range. I interested in the Shield or the XDS for summer carry myself.

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Range report please!
Alright, so I got a chance to fire and test the XDS45, overall very impressed. One may expect an unpleasant recoil and muzzle flip because of it's size, but there is none to be found. The XDS is very manageable. First shot group was a bit off, more than likely because of the anticipation that I was feeling. I sent about 75 rounds downrange. The more that I shot, the better the gun felt and the better I shot. I shot at about 7 yards to start, right on the mark, could not have been happier. I moved back to about 10 yd's, same effect. Backed up to 15-17 yards or so, still hitting the target, just not where I wanted the rounds to hit. Probably more me than the gun. Overall, one of the easiest guns that I have shot. An absolute enjoyable firearm. I would and do recommend the XDS to anyone out there.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts