New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Came across this the other day: Model 15 "Patrick Henry" Trigger Guard

Basically an AR trigger guard with a hook on the bottom for the middle finger. Looks like it would certainly make the spur grip more controllable and possibly some of the others as well.

I'm using a fixed mag solution at the moment but I think it's worth trying for the next build.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Technically couldn't you just put a normal grip on an AR? I mean it's a rifle grip not a pistol grip.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I handled both a stripped lower and a complete rifle with one of those installed, Klubfunstore has a few.

- it definitely allows you to get a semi-decent purchase on the gun with your trigger hand and you can almost handle the gun decently without fully using your support hand

- after handling it for a minute or two it became obvious that I could not use this thing as it causes you to pull pretty strongly with your finger driving the sharp rear part of the spur deeply into the "meaty" part of your palm at the base of the thumb.

Try one and you'll see exactly what I mean. Good idea though.....

·
Registered
810 Posts
Actually the regular trigger guard folded down in the winter position works pretty darn good with the spur. My plan is to design an attachment to slide on the guard in the down position to get a better grip

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought one last week from the custom shop in Walworth. I didn't have an issue with over gripping as mentioned above. Then again everyone holds the rifle different. Well worth the $30.00... I am toying with the idea of putting one on my fixed mag pistol grip rifle. The one they had on display at the custom, shop felt really nice.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.