New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
11,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering with so many postings about AK's, Saiga conversions, VEPR, etc.. maybe a new
section dedicated to the AK47 and easter block carbines would be a good idea.
It is normal to find this category along with the AR15 in many firearm forums unless they are specialized
on something specific.
Thanks.

· Registered
8,557 Posts
Maybe just one named Foreign weapons.

· Registered
11,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well foreign weapons have as many categories as there are in domestic ones.
The AK47 is so popular that people know to go there to find info about the AK and all its derivates but even also Galil, VZ, etc...
Maybe the section could be called: AK47, Galil, VZ, etc.. but the AK section by itself it is pretty common in many forums just
because the nr. of enthusiasts they have behind like the AR15.

· Premium Member
4,405 Posts
Well foreign weapons have as many categories as there are in domestic ones.
The AK47 is so popular that people know to go there to find info about the AK and all its derivates but even also Galil, VZ, etc...
Maybe the section could be called: AK47, Galil, VZ, etc.. but the AK section by itself it is pretty common in many forums just
because the nr. of enthusiasts they have behind like the AR15.
FN, H&K, Sig, Glock, and the list goes on...

· Registered
11,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FN, H&K, Sig, Glock, and the list goes on...
And that is by brand alone. But by type of action and purpose you quickly come out with a dozen with lots of followers.
But the AK I am proposing as this is so common everywhere and we know we get tons of posts and followers about AKs, VEPR, saiga conversions, etc..

Or maybe should be just two categories in every forum:

1- EVIL ONES
2- NO EVIL ONES

...oh, and the potato digger too. LOL!!

· Formerly SRV1
4,726 Posts
I think AK and AK variant type could be a good idea for a section since it is widely popular. The AR and the AK are the most commonly known used rifles worldwide. No need for any other section really. We have the rest all covered. Good call E!

James

· Registered
4,105 Posts
I would say it's very unlikely that this will happen. Too many sub-forums can be a very bad thing on a forum site. It becomes difficult to organize, difficult to moderate, and most importantly potentially makes it difficult for the end user to get the most out of the site.

I don't need to make a pretend scenario to explain why either, because I can reference something that already happens here as just one example. We have separate sections for rifles and handguns, but also a separate sub-forum specifically for rimfire rilfes and handguns. You'll notice that there are posts all the time in the rifles and handgun sections that could/should/might be more appropriate in the rimfire firearms sub-forum. To some degree this also occurs between the Rifles and AR-15 section now. Even if organization (and the moderation required to maintain it) weren't a factor, more sub-forums quite simply tends to cause significantly thinned thread exposure to the general user-base of the site.

· Registered
753 Posts
I think it would be very beneficial to have an AK dedicated section as well as an AR dedicated section for the simplicity as well as keeping everything organized.

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
And that is by brand alone. But by type of action and purpose you quickly come out with a dozen with lots of followers.
But the AK I am proposing as this is so common everywhere and we know we get tons of posts and followers about AKs, VEPR, saiga conversions, etc..

Or maybe should be just two categories in every forum:

1- EVIL ONES
2- NO EVIL ONES

...oh, and the potato digger too. LOL!!
Evil ones can include AKs, ARs, Ruger 10/22s, single shot .22 rifles, pencils, Big Macs, Sock-Em Boppers.

What is non evil though?

· Registered
753 Posts
Evil ones can include AKs, ARs, Ruger 10/22s, single shot .22 rifles, pencils, Big Macs, Sock-Em Boppers.

What is non evil though?
You forgot to add me to that list...

· Registered
5,426 Posts
I agree, we have an AR15 section, I would like to see an AK47 section, or whatever it ends up being named, for all variants of the AK (RPK, M10, AKM, Sagia, Valmet, etc etc)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.