New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Been through 50 rounds so far of federal crap. No hiccups. This was probably my most debated pistol. I wanted the P22. It has a lot of issues. I chose this over the P22 for: 2 mags over 1, better slide material, actually made by the main company it says on the slide, better reliability with cheap ammo, and FAR cheaper price. I got this for $290 and the P22 I wanted was $360. That last pic is of the fired casing. I snapped this as a personal victory over CoBIS here in NY. They no longer collect them. :D

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Mine had a lot of no fires. I think it was just ****ty 22LR. I still think i may pick up and M&P .22LR. The ruger for its size fits my meatpaws well.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
It looks very similar to the P22 also, I got to fire one of those once (The P22). A .22 handgun is definitely something I'd want once I am able to own pistols. Nice price too, brand new?

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It looks very similar to the P22 also, I got to fire one of those once (The P22). A .22 handgun is definitely something I'd want once I am able to own pistols. Nice price too, brand new?
Brand new. Did you know that SlickDeals also advertises gun deals. xD

I loved firing the P22. I just heard nothing buy bad stuff about it, and had a lot of ammo problems with it. It was the first handgun I fired.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Brand new. Did you know that SlickDeals also advertises gun deals. xD

I loved firing the P22. I just heard nothing buy bad stuff about it, and had a lot of ammo problems with it. It was the first handgun I fired.
Never knew about the issues with it, I'm glad I am aware now, I only fired one mag out of a Walther P22, and I dont know what ammo was in it so my experience with any problems it could have is of course very limited.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, they even have a "P22 bible" out for it of steps you should follow to make your P22 work properly.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Yeah, they even have a "P22 bible" out for it of steps you should follow to make your P22 work properly.
The fact that something like that even exists is a bit worrisome lol, a good pistol will work as long as you place the bullets in the magazine facing the right way and keep up on normal maintenance, there shouldn't be a guide for it.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update: Day 2 had another 120 rounds through it.

100 of those were Federal 40Gr. RED BOX champion (Yesterday it was blue box). The other 20 were Remington 36Gr. Golden Bullets.

We had some failures today due to the Federal Champion. That stuff is crap (in this gun at least.)! You could FEEL the light recoiling rounds. I'd literally pull the trigger and say "let me guess, this next shot wont fire." It felt like shooting a bb pistol that the air was running out on for certain shots. Out of 100 I'd say I had 4/5 failures. All failure to feeds where the spent shell would eject but not puck up a new round due to the weak charge. That i even OK for me though. Better than I had with the last time I shot the P22 with 9 out of 10 failures. Even despite the crappiness of the ammo I can say that this gun is like a laser beam. Point and shoot. I always shoot STUFF as opposed to paper, so glass bottles, candles, 2 liters, etc. were just vanishing. The golden bullets were totally reliable. After the crappy ammo it started to get gummed up though and would sometimes not pick up the first round from a new mag (it would get stuck on the feed ramp) due being dirty. I cleaned and oiled it and it is back in action. All in all I am 100% thrilled with the purchase.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
ive been looking at these alot lately, i just cant seem to find a shop that isnt asking 100$ more than what its worth!

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Order online like I did.

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
The fact that something like that even exists is a bit worrisome lol, a good pistol will work as long as you place the bullets in the magazine facing the right way and keep up on normal maintenance, there shouldn't be a guide for it.
The 1911 has had issues over the years with guides and books on how to correct common problems. I have the P22 and it is a nice pistol. Does not like Federal bulk but that can be fixed. I have to do a few things mentioned in that bible.

James

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
ive been looking at these alot lately, i just cant seem to find a shop that isnt asking 100$ more than what its worth!
My LGS sold me it for $329+tax. It was still cheaper than the internet after you add shipping and if no shipping then FFL transfer fee. I seen them advertised for $299 but those places usually do not have free shipping. Bud's wanted $319 the other day.

James

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My LGS sold me it for $329+tax. It was still cheaper than the internet after you add shipping and if no shipping then FFL transfer fee. I seen them advertised for $299 but those places usually do not have free shipping. Bud's wanted $319 the other day.

James
SportsmansOutdoorSuperstore.com

$289, +FREE 2-day shipping. I ordered on Monday, they got the FFL copy tuesday and I had the gun home Friday.

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
SportsmansOutdoorSuperstore.com

$289, +FREE 2-day shipping. I ordered on Monday, they got the FFL copy tuesday and I had the gun home Friday.
That is not bad but my FFL charges $35 fee so I would be saving a few bucks. When I bought mine a few weeks back, the cheapest was $319. I do not mind paying $20 extra at a local gun store. Seems like you got a good deal!

James

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That is not bad but my FFL charges $35 fee so I would be saving a few bucks. When I bought mine a few weeks back, the cheapest was $319. I do not mind paying $20 extra at a local gun store. Seems like you got a good deal!

James
Yes. While I hat to pay $45 for a transfer, they wanted $379 for the gun. That's $50 that goes toward ammo, and for .22 ammo that's 1000 rounds! :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts