New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure this has been done before, but I couldn't find it in the search. For a production gun in 9mm M&P 5" or XDM 5.25. Opinions please.

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
Whichever is legal in NYS. If I recall, only the XDM45 has 10rd mags.. The 9mm has 19 or 13, and the 40 has a little less.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I was under the impression the XDms were the ones that don't make 10 round mags. I've never seen an XDm in NY other than the compact .45 which holds 9 rounds.

M&P should be good to go, I have seen them often.

As far as opinions, I would go for the M&P. I don't like the grip safety on the XDs.

·
Registered
112 Posts
So am I to understand they do not make factory mags for you guys? And nobody has produced an aftermarket kit to reduce the capacity of the existing mags? Sounds like a business op!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I shot an M&P once in .40 and liked it, but I don't think I've ever gotten my hands on an XDm yet

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
Well the thing with the XDm .45s is that the mags are interchangeable with the regular XD line. The 9mm and .40 mags are not, and Springfield hasn't released anything yet.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Thats weird, when I bought my XDm 45 everything I read said the mags weren't interchangeable but apparently they are.... Back on subject, the XDm 45 and the XDs 45 are the only ones you can get ten round mags for from Springfield (with the exception of the compacts I believe). So no XDm 5.25 in NY unless you can find an ffl that will block the mags for you. The M&P is a solid shooter that has gained a large following.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Which ever fits your hand better. I do't like the XD's and I would probably never buy a Smith.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I was under the impression the XDms were the ones that don't make 10 round mags. I've never seen an XDm in NY other than the compact .45 which holds 9 rounds.

M&P should be good to go, I have seen them often.

As far as opinions, I would go for the M&P. I don't like the grip safety on the XDs.
Grip safety? You can't even tell it's there!

·
Registered
740 Posts
I love my XD, but havent had a chance to shoot an XDm yet. The mags can be modified as long as its done permanently from what I have seen. Finding an FFL to do it is another story.

I hate hate hate the hinged trigger on the M&Ps. That is the only thing keeping me from buying an M&P Shield.

Its all personal preference. My suggestion would be to shoot each of them if you can, then decide.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I'm an M&P whore... I will tell you this thought, the trigger pull on an M&P is stiff. ~1000 rounds fixes that problem. My brother went to the range with me the other day and almost shat himself. Last time he fired my pistol was when it was new out of the box. The trigger pull is significantly lighter now.

·
The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
I've only got ~800 rounds down my M&P 9c, but I've noticed this as well. It seems to be better now than before.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts