New York Firearms Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Because, I am one of the "law biding citizens" I have no choice but to comply. I would love to be the martyr here, but Class E Felony is a bridge too far.
You're all for freedom as long as it's legal. Got it.

We'll see how that works out for you. You definitely don't celebrate the Fourth of July, though, right? That would, of course, be completely and totally hypocritical and illogical.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Lead on. Show us how it's to be done! Talk is cheap, whiskey costs money.

The famous words of the couch-sitter, fully applied and directed at your own lack of direction and missing spine.

And we all know such "cheap" words are of special value when:

a) You wouldn't do anything, ever, at all.

b) You say them on July 4th, which is exceptionally rich.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is far worse than it even appears. The devil is in the details and in this case the fine print. To wit:
(n) any place, conveyance, or vehicle used for public transportation or public transit, subway cars, train cars, buses”
In addition to trains planes and cars, the definition of sensitive places includes any place… used for public transportation. That includes all roads and highways that said buses travel on. Which cuts out every single main thoroughfare in the state. And if you include taxis and Ubers, it includes every single road in the entire state. There is NO PLACE, outside your personal property that you can take your legally owned firearm. And if you live in an apartment building you basically can’t take it out of your apartment.
This is a total and complete abrogation of the entire 2nd amendment. I believe Hochul has overreached and will get slapped down. If not, I personally can take solace in the fact that I am moving to Florida.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
It'll be a matter of weeks when we see an injunction or temporary restraining order blocking most of these new gun laws as "arbitrary restrictions". Didn't take long for Judge Skretny to toss the 7-bullet limit shortly after the SAFE Act was passed as he ruled that the limit was an "arbitrary restriction" that was in violation of the 2nd Amendment and therefore unconstitutional. New York never challenged the Skretny decision.

Keep in mind that the judge who has to make a ruling on these new gun laws must now do so through the lens of the landmark NYSRPA v Bruen decision - making any challenge to the 2nd District almost sure to be an instant stop to much of Hochul's new gun laws. Justice Thomas' decision was broad and that he also ruled the 2nd Amendment is not a second class right.

Right now people are still trying to digest these new laws and so far Carl Paladino has pledged to sue New York in Federal Court.

Stay tuned...

Reactions: Oldsig

·
Registered
5 Posts
So, you get to pay for both sides of any challenge to this statute. Your contributions to civil rights organizations will pay for the challenges themselves, while your state taxes will pay for the state's defense of the statute. Furthermore, while you must work at your job to earn the money that you contribute to your cause, the folks who wrote, passed and defend the statute are being well paid to do so as part of their jobs ... and of course being paid in part by you out of the taxes you send to Albany. Ain't life grand?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Unfortunately NYS is very left-of center and anti-gun (IMO). Plus incumbents of all political views are almost always re-elected.
Out of 20 million ppl in the state, 14 million live in the greater city area. Everyone says, if upstate just pulled together! Negative. 8 million isnt even close, and the citys of buffalo rochester and syracuse lean heavily democratic.

Long as clean water flows southeast, and trash flows northwest, nothing will change

21 - 32 of 32 Posts