New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are everyone's thoughts about the bill that Gov. Hiccup is talking about that would restrict carrying in any business unless the business has a sign allowing guns. Sounds pretty bad for 2FA rights to me, and even worse for safety.

·
Registered
336 Posts
The SCOTUS did mention sensitive locations during oral arguments and in the opinion. The liberal progressives have caused all of New York to be a sensitive area.
The Mayor of NYC had his Police Commissioner at the Press Conference state “Nothing Has Changed”and all of these politicians giving interviews are awaiting for the Governor to pass new laws.
The Oneida assistant clerk said that people issued a restricted pistol license we’re not able to get unrestricted. He did state he read the 140 page opinion and said that any New York unrestricted pistol license is valid in New York City.

·
Registered
99 Posts
This is the necessary showdown the state has needed for a very, very long time.

What will the response be? Compliance and lawsuits? Noncompliance? Another "protest" in Albany that does nothing?

The people of this state have always tolerated this kind of overlording.

Interesting.

·
Registered
31 Posts
She cannot arbitrarily create "sensitive areas", says so right in the decision. Should she decide to try, and thus allow constitutional civil rights violations to occur, the penalties (along with lawyer fees) will be severe. You don't get to thumb your nose at the supreme court for very long.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m not an attorney, so my thoughts on this might be totally off. But having now had our constitutional right established to carry concealed, I’d proffer that the business restriction is unconstitutional right along side not being able to restrict selling by race, or sex. I’d go so far as to say that businesses, generally open to the public, cannot even post “no carry allowed” as that would be tantamount to posting a sign saying we only serve men. Might be different for a private residence or a business not generally open to the public, but the 2A is not an inferior amendment (paraphrase from Justice Thomas). I would think an injunction at the district court level is not beyond a reasonable outcome…and that does not take a huge amount of time versus a full blow litigation.

Maybe a lawyer could weigh in?

·
Registered
1 Posts
In the meantime conceal carry is essentially over in NYS unless you want to risk a felony conviction. Some parts of the law will get thrown out like the 7 bullet Unsafe Act, but the 16 hours of classes every three years will not. Absolute BS. Absolute tyranny by the Dem majority. Other than that I'm at a loss for words acceptable on a public forum.

·
Registered
10 Posts
In the meantime conceal carry is essentially over in NYS unless you want to risk a felony conviction. Some parts of the law will get thrown out like the 7 bullet Unsafe Act, but the 16 hours of classes every three years will not. Absolute BS. Absolute tyranny by the Dem majority. Other than that I'm at a loss for words acceptable on a public forum.
But you must admit, you KNEW they were going to end around the SCOTUS and "punish" us with even more restrictive "laws". I'm surprised they didn't set it up so that there was only one issuing office window with one guy working at the window in one location in Albany. With no parking. Also, they just gave the bad guys a list of places that are safe from CCW, and as such, are rich in "yields" to zero risk.

·
Registered
29 Posts
There's something else no one is talking about. What about the new vehicle restrictions? All guns have to be locked in a locking gun case when in your car, including rifles and shotguns. Also, now the parking lots and STREET parking outside of restricted areas (all private businesses) is restricted as well. So that stop for coffee or water or gas on your way to the range or hunting, even with your gun locked up, would now be an immediate FELONY. This includes long guns.

·
Registered
99 Posts
It's amazing to me how submissive-defeatist New Yorkers are. If your corrupt feudal overlords begin subjecting you to their tyrannical bootheel everyone just cowers and begins complaining like it's the end of the world.

Just disobey.

I have to wonder, though. What's the point of the second amendment? Is it to defend against tyranny with the use of force? If this is true, why are guns a fetish object that never get used? I want to know how bad things have to get according to proponents of such an idea exactly and precisely how bad it needs to get before they feel the second amendment is "triggered". Seems to me they always just mumble some mostly unintelligible nonsense about how they'll rise up after being thrown in a concentration camp and disarmed, and how they're "all for freedom as long as it's legal".

Interesting.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's amazing to me how submissive-defeatist New Yorkers are. If your corrupt feudal overlords begin subjecting you to their tyrannical bootheel everyone just cowers and begins complaining like it's the end of the world.

Just disobey.

I have to wonder, though. What's the point of the second amendment? Is it to defend against tyranny with the use of force? If this is true, why are guns a fetish object that never get used? I want to know how bad things have to get according to proponents of such an idea exactly and precisely how bad it needs to get before they feel the second amendment is "triggered". Seems to me they always just mumble some mostly unintelligible nonsense about how they'll rise up after being thrown in a concentration camp and disarmed, and how they're "all for freedom as long as it's legal".

Interesting.
They pretty much made, and still are, a "example" of what will happen to you and your family for disobedience with the J6 people. Still rotting away in the DC Gulag, uncharged, with no bail. And remember, New York was Loyalist during the Revolution and Pro-Confederacy during the Civil War.

·
Registered
99 Posts
They pretty much made, and still are, a "example" of what will happen to you and your family for disobedience with the J6 people. Still rotting away in the DC Gulag, uncharged, with no bail. And remember, New York was Loyalist during the Revolution and Pro-Confederacy during the Civil War.
So?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts