New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has any one seen the changes to the new NICS form?? instead of question 10. race ( check one) white, hispanic, african american, etc there is now 10 a and 10 b. 10 a is basically the same as the old one but doesnt list Hispanic. 10 b is Ethnicity check one of two options. option a = hispanic or latino. option b = not hispanic or latino. how is this not singling anyone out?

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Do you mean the 4473?

That asked about race? Damn, It's been too long since I bought a firearm. Luckily that is about to change in a few days.

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
Maybe an FFL holder can chime in on this, but if that is true and it simply asks if you're Hispanic/Latino or not, that is most definitely bull$hit. As a white person, I find that on the racist side towards the Hispanic/Latino community.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I feel like there was something like it already...I'm half 3rd generation Cuban and I try to leave the race question blank when I can. I remember when I got my pistol back in March them telling me I HAD TO put something down. Of course, now I cant remember what I did put...
Edit: I should have read the OP better. My post has no bearing on the change.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts