New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, I'm looking forward to being a member here. I'm in the middle of my pistol application for Westchester county and hoping to learn a lot more here.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi there. How long ago did you apply/ when was or is your interview? My interview was June 2, 2021.
my money order was cashed 10 weeks after on about 8/12. Still no word from the office about the letter. Buckle up. It’s gonna be a long ride.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi there. How long ago did you apply/ when was or is your interview? My interview was June 2, 2021.
my money order was cashed 10 weeks after on about 8/12. Still no word from the office about the letter. Buckle up. It’s gonna be a long ride.
My interview isn't until December '21. I made the appointment in November '20. I'll be happy if I have my license by June '22.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Keep calling for cancellations.
mine was scheduled in 12/21. I was able to get an earlier appt on 6/2.
I just got my license 8/27
Great idea! I'm sorting out my final paperwork and purchasing a pistol this weekend for the receipt to go with it, but I'll do that at the same time. What pistol did you choose for your first?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Great idea! I'm sorting out my final paperwork and purchasing a pistol this weekend for the receipt to go with it, but I'll do that at the same time. What pistol did you choose for your first?
I went with a 9mm sig p320 m17
i found that the pistol licensing unit usually picked up the phone around 10am on fridays. so maybe keep that in mind when you try to call to reschedule.
in the interim, you should definitely schedule the pistol safety training ASAP if you havent already done so. I think BlueLine Tactical might still be doing them online. Link below
Bookings Checkout | Blueline Tactical

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went with a 9mm sig p320 m17
i found that the pistol licensing unit usually picked up the phone around 10am on fridays. so maybe keep that in mind when you try to call to reschedule.
in the interim, you should definitely schedule the pistol safety training ASAP if you havent already done so. I think BlueLine Tactical might still be doing them online. Link below
Bookings Checkout | Blueline Tactical
Thanks for all of the suggestions, I really appreciate it. Thankfully I took my NRA safety course already last November. I'm working on the rest of the application but have already started to call the Westchester office to hopefully push up my appointment. Once I have the pistol purchased this weekend I should be all set for my application, wish me luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts