New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FFL in dutchess county. Retired contractor, now pursuing my gun hobby interest and turning it into a business venture.

I buy and sell new, used rifles, shotguns, and in the near future will offer accessories and related gun stuff.

Also buy and sell new and used handguns (as soon as NY state gets around to mailing me my NY license to deal handguns after 4 months of waiting) 3 cheers for NY bureaucracy!

I hope to give my customers the lowest possible price on guns. Lots of competition out there.

No gunsmithing at the present time although I may venture into re-bluing, engraving, cleaning, and light duty smithing.

Am seriously considering getting into class 3 sales. Although not presently doing any NFA.

Not presently advertising for doing transfers although I may be persuaded......

Hope to learn some good things here and hope to have some interesting chat. Eagle

·
I kill deer... and I like it
1,336 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
2,442 Posts

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome... I work in Dutchess County, may have to look you up some time.
I'm here to chat or whatever. This biz is all about learning from others. Thank you all for the nice welcome.

I have to say this forum is very different....it has some really interesting threads going, this is a goldmine for info!

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome to the site eagleridge357. Do you have a storefront and if so where?
Hi Jim.....no storefront yet. My plan is to keep expenses DOWN. AS you know, storefronts may sound cool, but they cost $

I have 3 available nearby which are small and zoned commercial. I could rent 2 with option. Very low rent.

But, like I said, overhead may impress others, to me it's crazy unless you really need it to do business, which I do not.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Whew...last time I had this much attention I was at my own birthday party 66 1/2 yrs ago with my mom and dad. LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts