New York Firearms Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from the "real" Upstate NY. 20 minutes or so from Canada. Great forum with lots of great info, excited to have found you guys. Thanks in advance for the help and information.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Welcome. I was a stones throw away from going to school in the "real" upstate NY (Clarkson in Pottsdam) but was too involved with my girlfriend (now wife) to be bothered with silly things like education, so I opted for the 6-yr plan :). Have a house in Southern Adirondacks (Lake George) and try to get there as often as I can. Upstate NY rocks! (Aside from the gun laws...)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Hello from another newbie here! I live in the Capital Region, which I always considered 'Upstate'. Funny how the word 'upstate' comes to symbolize the 95% of the state that isnt considered 'New York City', isnt it?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Hello from another newbie here! I live in the Capital Region, which I always considered 'Upstate'. Funny how the word 'upstate' comes to symbolize the 95% of the state that isnt considered 'New York City', isnt it?
yeah i love that.... not

·
Registered
810 Posts
Welcome from the real Central New York!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome. I was a stones throw away from going to school in the "real" upstate NY (Clarkson in Pottsdam) but was too involved with my girlfriend (now wife) to be bothered with silly things like education, so I opted for the 6-yr plan :). Have a house in Southern Adirondacks (Lake George) and try to get there as often as I can. Upstate NY rocks! (Aside from the gun laws...)
I am from Potsdam, I did my undergrad work at SUNY Potsdam and my Masters at Clarkson. I love it here, even got a Central NY girl to stay here (my wife) who had always said she was heading south after finishing college. Thanks for all the warm welcomes!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Welcome, Know the area well. My son is a senior at Potsdam and will be graduating in less than a month.
He was not so sure in the beginning, but simply loves the area!

·
Registered
79 Posts
welcome , i am also new here and about 15-20 mins from canada ,in the brasher falls area. nice to know there are some people around locally

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Welcome, Fort Drum here

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.