New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,
My name is George, and my wife, Debbie, and I, live in Sullivan County, NY. I'm disabled now after 40+ years in EMS and 25 years as a scuba instructor. Debbie is an RN.
Both of us are old newbies to firearms. By that I mean that in the days of T-Rex, we both were in the Air Force and did most of our shooting there. I also used to hunt back then too. We've recently gotten back on the band wagon by getting our pistol permits this year.
Both of us realize that we have alot to learn about the sport, and look forward to making new friends in the process. The 1st thing we need to do is find good instructors and a local range in order to get rid of the years of rust on our skills. Any suggestions?
Thank you for letting us join this forum and we look forward to a good time.
Take care,
George

· Registered
5,247 Posts
Hello George ad Welcome to the forum,You and your wife will find a lot of good information here pertaining to guns of all sorts..you will also find other things not about guns here..

I am sure someone that is a member here will be able to help you out for your question regarding a good instructors I wish I could but I am not from your area..

· Registered
1,237 Posts
Welcome to the site. Thank you for your combined service in the USAF, and then again in EMS and Debbie as an RN

How severe is your disability? What was your role in EMS (dispatch, manager, EMT, etc)?

Good stuff on getting your permits.

I know a couple of good guys (trainer) in the Middletown area.

LHT

· Registered
14,520 Posts
Welcome George, we are glad to have you. Good to see you guys getting back into the sport, and thank you for your service. I hope you guys are registered to vote and ready to defend our 2a as well. LHT can certainly set you up in the right direction for good instructors as he mentioned above.

· Registered
741 Posts
Hello George and Debbie. Welcome to you both. I am a verteran of the USAF as well. Glad to have both of you aboard on the forum.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.