New York Firearms Forum banner

"New" Knives

1K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  digitalhippie 
#1 ·
Today, I got sucked into a yard sale by a nice rolling tool box out front. I dropped the wife and kid off at home and headed back to check it out. Typically, it was sold, so I took a walk around, and on the bottom shelf of a bunch of stuff, I saw 5 knives. Who am I to pass up checking them out? Long story short, $10 later, I head back to the car with my new "toys."

I'm happy with them no mater what, but check them out and let me know if I found anything special.

Wood Wood stain Tool Natural material Everyday carry
Wood Office supplies Writing implement Metal Natural material

Wood Writing implement Office supplies Tool Pen
Wood Office instrument Writing implement Writing instrument accessory Hardwood

Wood Natural material Wood stain Hardwood Plank
It says"Marttiini [can't read it] Finland. Hand ground stainless steel" (It's a Rapala)

More pictures coming in the next post.

See less See more
#9 ·
Clean the rust off of the Robeson with some Kroil and 0000 steel wool. You'll have a good user for the rest of your life. The bragging rights for this $ 10 find are worth more than the Robeson will ever be. Nice find. Rust & patina are not the same. Lucky devil!

#14 ·
Kano Kroil - a lot of well stocked gun shops carry it - or hardware stores. Can order direct at Kano Laboritories 1-615-833-4101. A small can will last you a lifetime. Soak rust with pure Kroil overnight or a couple days to remove it with 0000 steel wool. Treat a clean bore with Kroil & it seems like the lead and copper fouling is much easier to remove in subsequent cleanings. I use a 50/50 mix of Kroil / Shooter Choice bore cleaner all the time for all my bores. The only reason I had to buy a second can is that I gave a lot of it away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.