New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't really need one but have a hankering for one. I have a paramilitary 2 and a 940 osbourne and I'm looking to get another about that size. I really like the Benchmade a lot, love that axis lock. What are y'alls favaorites out there?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Im not one to ask. I am very, very tough on my edc pocket knives. I pry, poke, cut, slice, use it as a screw driver and other damaging things. So, I stopped buying expensive knives. I use the $20 Gerber Paraframe 2 knife right now. Its flat, sharp and decent quality. Serrated teeth on the bottom half is a must with me, I cut alot of rope.
My edc is a hard used tool, not a fashion accessory, so cheap and tough is the way.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Im not one to ask. I am very, very tough on my edc pocket knives. I pry, poke, cut, slice, use it as a screw driver and other damaging things. So, I stopped buying expensive knives. I use the $20 Gerber Paraframe 2 knife right now. Its flat, sharp and decent quality. Serrated teeth on the bottom half is a must with me, I cut alot of rope.
My edc is a hard used tool, not a fashion accessory, so cheap and tough is the way.
I have learned that lesson too many times, for prying, poking or any other non cutting job I use my leatherman. For cutting I prefer a knife, it's less cumbersome. My spyderco has given 4 years of faultless service and the benchmade just about 2 now. I'm a "Man of means by no means" but I will pay a good bit of money for high quality tools. I also really like s30v steel as I can go months between sharpening even when I am cutting the odd metal band seal.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Yeah that is one of the classic Benchmades for sure. You don't find the size or weight too intrusive? It won't drag from the pocket when sitting for long periods?
Not at all, i don't really notice any difference compared to other folders i swap in an out of rotation. I also carry a 4" cold steel Ti-lite and a leatherman as well. Usually though i rely mostly on a plain edge Kershaw RJ-1 as the all day beater work blade.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Knives I love knives….
I made a few from harbor freight machetes.
My ka-bar tanto is my shtf knife.
Second. Best is the tractor supply camp knife they sell during hunting season. Its cheaper and I have beaten. Then. Ever. Living crap out of it.
Buying two more and their very heavy light too. Plan on spending 50$ for a flash light and a few knives but I have chopped wood, trees paracord, you name it I did it. Nicked it up but works still. Great beat up knife.

Folders, I will swear by spiderco. But… any folder is a last ditch knife. Little hand protection and a good chance the lock will fail both results in self inflicted injury.

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
you should save a little more money and get a GUN!

: )

Reactions: graptor

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
They are just slightly modified Griptilians right? On the BM side the 710 and tge mini grip are under close consideration and I like the volli too even though I'm not over keen on assisteds and even less enthusiastic for extraneous "blade safeties" but I like the simple design of it enough to deal with it. On the spyderco side.... hoo boy. I look through Spyderco's offerings and my eyes go a bit glassy with all the endless variations of a similar design. Love spydercos though, I've always liked the sage series. I like Kerhsaw too, best value brand out there and I do want a Leek so..... What else is out there thats a little more obscure? And I wish Sebenzas weren't so expensive.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.