New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welp decided to order a new edc knife and some new sharpening stones to replace the stone I have been using (only have 1 and Its kidna worn out atm)

Ordered a delica 4 FFG with a brown handle
DMT 8" Dia sharp course stone
DMT 8" Dia sharp Extra fine stone
spyderco ultra fine ceramic stone

Chose the stones based on the edges I saw a guy on you tube get using those 3 implements (and he used a strop block which I may or may not add later)

I almost pulled the trigger on the wicked edge system but couldnt justify the price when with some practice you can get rockin edges freehand

IDK why Im telling you all this but WTH this section of the forums needs some love too

· Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
got the delica today.. its my first spyderco knife i have owned..

First impressions.. I like it but the thumb hole will take a bit of getting used too.. but once im used to it I have a feeling ill really appreciate it

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
FFG is the way to go. I carry my Spyderco ParaMilitary 2 everyday and with my Spyderco Sharpmaker I brought it back from just under paper-cutting sharp to drop it and it will slide through the paper sharp. :)

· Registered
13,297 Posts
I love my spyderco but the benchmade makes the pocket every day. I think they stole the thumb hole from spyderco, lol. Norton stones are awesome. I have a Tormek that needs some use but it does hollow ground, lol....

· Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I love my spyderco but the benchmade makes the pocket every day. I think they stole the thumb hole from spyderco, lol. Norton stones are awesome. I have a Tormek that needs some use but it does hollow ground, lol....
My next knife may be a benchmade I really like the axis lock

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
Handwriting Wood Ruler Plant Tool

I have wanted a Benchmade, Griptillion perhaps, for some time, but thy Spyder-hole is a bid decision maker for me. I went Tenacious>Pacific Salt>PM2.

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
If I had $800 right now, I'd have a nice new gun tomorrow, but no damascus Benchmade. xD

· Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ya' gotta love a good knife!
I have numerous knives I carry at different times. Often times it tough to decide which one will go for the ride on any particular day!!
I used to have a few that I would rotate and after they where all done id re sharpen em all and start all over again.. but broken tips and chipped out blades had me sticking to one kershaw leek for the past year or so.. its about time I retire that poor thing the blade is so mangled on it now

· Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ordered the stones from Knife Center and I do not recommend them

I contacted their customer service today and asked why I have not been billed for my order and why it has not been shipped out yet when they said It would be shipped in 1 business day after ordering

I was told one of my stones was out of stock even though when ordering everything said "IN STOCK" and the email I got after placing the order had the stones listed with "ready to be shipped" after them..

I ended up cancling my order and ordering through sharpeningsuplies.com and thespydercostore.com

I got emails with shipping info from both of those places just hours after placing the orders

knife center may be a great place to shop through when the items they list as in stock actually are in stock but I dont see myself using them again in the future

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
I always use Amazon. No BS with them, and free 2-day shipping for Prime members, free regular shipping for non-prime-members (over $25).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.