New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had to share my excitement. My brother-in-law set me up with a bunch of pre-ban mags yesterday that he got from his brother (the brother is a Marine lifer). I about giggled like a little school girl when he pulled out the brand new mags... IMG_1028.jpg

and the gallon ziplock bag of 5.56 rounds
IMG_1031.jpg
(with several tracer rounds :D)

IMG_1032.jpg

With the new mags, I just want to verify that they're prebans. There's no date on them, but the sticker in the package says 12/86
IMG_1030.jpg

And for more giggles, here's where I'm at with my build. Handguard should be in today (UPS says it's on the truck for delivery). Still waiting on availability of an upper receiver, BCG, and the new Magpul MOE fixed stock. Almost there, though.
IMG_1027.jpg

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That looks like it might be an Okay brand mag label.

If the baseplate says Okay then the dates will be internally stamped.
Okay sounds familiar. I'll check when I get home. I didn't get home until midnight last night, so I didn't have time to dig through them much past these pictures this morning.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Lucky! And yeah, Magpul seriously needs to hurry the hell up with that MOE Rifle Stock. It's the last thing I need for my lower.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
is that one on the website that changed from "available this spring" to "summer"
That's the one. Midway currently has arrival listed as 7/24, but that's been pushed back a couple times already. I wouldn't be surprised if it was pushed back a few more.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
9,137 Posts

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks ok.... Not too wild about it. I hope Magpul makes a few styles of fixed stocks.
The price is decent, and looks way better than the standard A1/2 stock. I don't see the point in buying a collapsible stock and pinning it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts