New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just moved up to Westchester from NYC after 18 years; slightly more gun friendly than the city...

I've been shooting for 40+ years, mostly out West.

When I grew up, you got your first bb-gun @ 6yrs., start shooting a 22 LR @ 8, assuming you were responsible with the bb-gun. Progress to the 410 @ 10, start shooting your uncles pistols @ 12. Buy your first rifle and shotgun when you turn 18, apply for your CCW on your 21st birthday and purchase a pistol (have to wait a week to take it home..). Living in a 'shall issue' v. 'may issue' state makes things easy.. 1 week later you have it and can purchase a pistol without having to wait the week when you don't have a CCW.

Started the process of getting a pistol 'permit' in Westchester, seems like a horrible process to me.

I feel it's always good to take training classes along the way.

Insights Training has some of the best classes I've ever taken InSights Training Center - Gun and Combat Training and they occasionally teach out East.

John Farnam Defense Training International | Willingness is a state of mind. Readiness is a statement of fact! is excellent.

Clint Smith Thunder Ranch® Oregon as well.

·
R.I.P. to our friend PY-3-21-2016
5,474 Posts
Good to welcome anyone from Winchester.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Welcome from Nassau County! And we hope you are registered to vote to help us vote out Cuomo in the upcoming November election! VOTE ROB ASTORINO IN 2014! AND PLEASE TELL YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS TO DO THE SAME!

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
Welcome, where in this communist county are you? If you need any help with the process let me know. You story of growing up is much like mine, except I bought my own first gun at 16. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts