New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys new here from Boston, NY down in Erie County.

Been waiting on my pistol permit for almost a year now, and hearing the stories seems like I have a ways to go.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Welcome and yes you have a little bit more waiting ahead of you but be patient and stay on top of it the best you can that's all you can really do.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have been spreading the word on Astorino early and often.

I'll probably give a call into the clerks office next week sometime. I am hoping it is in the Sheriffs hands by now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey all, I'm new to the site and I'm from Erie county Hamburg area. I put my application in 7-14-14, prints the same day and just had my local police interview with Hamburg PD 10-09-14. All my reference forms were sent back to the police, how long will I be waiting now? The only step left is for the judge to sign off on it right? Any help would appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome Lick! I got my pistol permit in Erie County in about 15 months, so you do have some more waiting to go, but I wouldn't think too much more. It also depends on your local PD too. Mine was Tonawanda, so it went a bit quicker than say Boston who I think goes through Erie County rather than Boston PD (if there is a Boston PD), but I could be wrong on that. Best of luck!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts