New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,I joined earlier this week and have been looking around since. I have been part of a few motorcycle forums for the last 5 years and now that I am getting into guns I am here. I joined the NRA the same time I joined this forum as well. My fiance and I turned in our pistol permit paperwork the beginning of May. We have both ordered 870's for home defense/target shooting in the meantime waiting for our permits. I ordered the express tactical with blackhawk spec ops II 12 Ga for myself and the express compact synthetic 20 Ga for my fiance. We will both be taking the ccw course. She is planning to carry the Ruger LC9 and I plan to carry the Springfield XD 40.

· Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will also be getting a 22 plinker as well. The Ruger Mark III was recomended but I have read a few articles about the Ruger SR22 and it has very good reviews and is supposed to be easier to disasemble easier.

· Registered
6 Posts
Howdy! And no, I don't have my pistol permit. I'll get one eventually. I hear it takes them quite awhile to get things sorted out. Where are you practicing? I'm looking around for a range that wont mind me and my 870. Any suggestions?

· Registered
813 Posts
Welcome to the forum

· Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Howdy! And no, I don't have my pistol permit. I'll get one eventually. I hear it takes them quite awhile to get things sorted out. Where are you practicing? I'm looking around for a range that wont mind me and my 870. Any suggestions?

I was curious if you did, how long it ended up taking. We have had ours in since May and have been told by numerous people it should be any day. Back in January I was also told they were processing as quick as 6-8 weeks. As far as practicing we haven't yet becuase we don't have our 870's yet. I would look for a Rod & Gun club near you. The ones around here are like $20 for a year membership.

· Registered
6 Posts
Where is "around here"? I have only seen one in Greene, and I think maybe one in Afton. I know there is supposedly one in Norwich, but can't find any info on it. I can easily practice with my compound bow in my own backyard, but the 870 is going to need a bit more space away from neighbors.

· Registered
4,733 Posts
08fz6: (and others)

Try the Greene Rod and Gun. They're on Foster Hill Rd, right off of Rt12 before you get up to Norwich and Oxford. Good bunch of guys, not usually crowded, and they support training and education a lot!

We hold the CCW Upgrade classes there every month - come check it out!

Dave

· Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Where is "around here"? I have only seen one in Greene, and I think maybe one in Afton. I know there is supposedly one in Norwich, but can't find any info on it. I can easily practice with my compound bow in my own backyard, but the 870 is going to need a bit more space away from neighbors.
Oxford Rod & Gun Club
214 Ingraham Road
Oxford‎ NY‎ 13830
Home Page - Oxford Rod & Gun Club P.O.Box 181 214 Ingraham Rd.Oxford, NY 13830 (607) 843-6856

Gilbertsville Rod & Gun Club
Rod & Gun Club Rd
South New Berlin, NY 13843‎
Gilbertsville Rod & Gun Club, Inc. - Community & Government - Gilbertsville, NY | Facebook

Rockdale Rod & Gun Club
312 Rockdale Road‎
Guilford, NY‎ 13809
Rockdale Rod and Gun Club

Cassety Hollow Rod & Gun Club
4265 Alabam Road
Oriskany Falls‎, NY‎ 13425
Cassety Hollow Rod & Gun Club

Green Rod & Gun Club
Foster Hill Road
Greene‎ NY‎ 13778
http://www.greenerodgun.com/

· Registered
199 Posts
Iroquois rod and gun is in Norwich by Chenango lake. I was a member at Rockdale but haven't been there in a few years. There are a number of areas in the state land around Chenango county that you can shoot at. I took my CCW class with RPD at the Greene range at was pretty nice. I choose to avoid the hassle of joining clubs and just shoot on state land or on my own property.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.