New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
9,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted this in pic thread also.

I got this as a big FU to Mayor Bloomberg, Hillary Clinton and anyone involved with the Brady Campaign! (there's a lot more but I don't want to get more aggravated )

So.Korean Daewoo K1A1 5.56 cal. Takes AR mags and is a DI rifle. It shares some parts with the AR but only a few. This is as small a package as you can get without needing a tax stamp. 16.5" barrel and 26" OAL. Banned from importation in 1989 and I read only 2000 or less made it into the US before that. Super light and super short and I think it may be my new favorite rifle. Haven't shot it yet but if it shoots nice I may try to pick up a couple more if I can find them. I'm going to Duracoat this in a two tone Tactical flat black and Tactical Dark grey will post more pics after its done.

Also picked up a Mossberg MVP and will post pics once I get glass on her so she looks complete!

· Registered
813 Posts
I heard that they would shoot a three round burst every now and then, don't know how true that might be. Sweet looking rifle for sure. Congrats!

· Registered
290 Posts
*Drool* Want one.

xhondastyle07x, do you remember the asking price on them? The place is practically in walking distance.
I think he has one or all of them in the back area behind the register. Just go in and ask.

· Registered
9,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Daewoo update for Tactical Failure! I did a Duracoat job in tactical black and tactical extreme grey. I'm very happy how it came out. Added a 90 degree selector that works just like an AR (original is a 180 degree). Gave it a trigger job which came out really nice compared to the factory trigger but really liked shooting it today and may add a Timmney in the future. Before the paint I sanded out all the sh**y injection molding seams on the grip and hand guards which were real rough and felt like crap when you held it. Finished it off with some color fill. I love this rifle and want another one (OCD) but haven't had any luck finding another yet. Guess I will have to keep looking!
Air gun Trigger Grey Line Gun barrel
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Line Gun accessory

Almost forgot, I found a B-Square factory weaver scope rail from the 80s on line that I had my friend use as a template to mill a custom low profile picatinny one to give it a more modern look. Just got it today and just need to finish it and mount it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.