New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted this in pic thread also.

I got this as a big FU to Mayor Bloomberg, Hillary Clinton and anyone involved with the Brady Campaign! (there's a lot more but I don't want to get more aggravated )

So.Korean Daewoo K1A1 5.56 cal. Takes AR mags and is a DI rifle. It shares some parts with the AR but only a few. This is as small a package as you can get without needing a tax stamp. 16.5" barrel and 26" OAL. Banned from importation in 1989 and I read only 2000 or less made it into the US before that. Super light and super short and I think it may be my new favorite rifle. Haven't shot it yet but if it shoots nice I may try to pick up a couple more if I can find them. I'm going to Duracoat this in a two tone Tactical flat black and Tactical Dark grey will post more pics after its done.

Also picked up a Mossberg MVP and will post pics once I get glass on her so she looks complete!

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Dammit, I want a Deawoo, why does everyone else have the guns I want? lol

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Nice gun to shoot. Have you shot it with the drum?

·
Registered
810 Posts
I heard that they would shoot a three round burst every now and then, don't know how true that might be. Sweet looking rifle for sure. Congrats!

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I heard that they would shoot a three round burst every now and then, don't know how true that might be. Sweet looking rifle for sure. Congrats!
You get that if you mix and match AR and Daewoo FCG parts. If you want to change out for AR FCG it's all or nothing.

·
Registered
290 Posts
*Drool* Want one.

xhondastyle07x, do you remember the asking price on them? The place is practically in walking distance.
I think he has one or all of them in the back area behind the register. Just go in and ask.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
why'd you have to do this to me? found one on gunbroker, but thankfully the seller doesn't take credit cards. enjoy, and be sure to post pics after you work on it.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Daewoo update for Tactical Failure! I did a Duracoat job in tactical black and tactical extreme grey. I'm very happy how it came out. Added a 90 degree selector that works just like an AR (original is a 180 degree). Gave it a trigger job which came out really nice compared to the factory trigger but really liked shooting it today and may add a Timmney in the future. Before the paint I sanded out all the sh**y injection molding seams on the grip and hand guards which were real rough and felt like crap when you held it. Finished it off with some color fill. I love this rifle and want another one (OCD) but haven't had any luck finding another yet. Guess I will have to keep looking!
Air gun Trigger Grey Line Gun barrel Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Line Gun accessory

Almost forgot, I found a B-Square factory weaver scope rail from the 80s on line that I had my friend use as a template to mill a custom low profile picatinny one to give it a more modern look. Just got it today and just need to finish it and mount it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts