New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
I am assuming he means its a new rule saying you cant carry there which I thought was already the case. I will see if I can find what he is talking about.

·
6,795 Posts
here is the link.
http://weblinks.westlaw.com/result/default.aspx?cnt=Document&db=NY%2DCRR%2DF%2DTOC%3BTOCDUMMY&docname=365898658&findtype=W&fn=%5Ftop&pbc=DA010192&rlt=CLID%5FFQRLT2711033341116&rp=%2FSearch%2Fdefault%2Ewl&rs=WEBL12%2E04&service=Find&spa=nycrr%2D1000&vr=2%2E0

OFFICIAL COMPILATION OF CODES, RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORKTITLE 17. DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATIONCHAPTER IV. HIGHWAYSSUBCHAPTER C. HIGHWAY USE AND MAINTENANCEPART 156. USE OF REST AND PARKING AREAS AND SCENIC OVERLOOKSCurrent through January 31, 2012

* Section 156.12.* Firearms and weapons.

(a) At no time shall drawn bows, loaded firearms, loaded air guns, spring guns or other such weapons be permitted in any rest or parking area or scenic overlook, nor shall any bow, firearm, air gun, spring gun or other weapon be discharged for any reason in any rest or parking area or scenic overlook.

(b) This provision shall not apply to peace officers, as defined in section 154 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, or to State police officers, conservation officers or special game protectors.

17 CRR-NY 156.12
17 CRR-NY 156.12
2011 WL 74153737
17 CRR-NY 156.12

END OF DOCUMENT

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
ahhhh our tax dollars at work......! Worry about the state economy and not making overlooks DMZs

·
Registered
754 Posts
here is the link.
http://weblinks.westlaw.com/result/default.aspx?cnt=Document&db=NY-CRR-F-TOC%3BTOCDUMMY&docname=365898658&findtype=W&fn=_top&pbc=DA010192&rlt=CLID_FQRLT2711033341116&rp=%2FSearch%2Fdefault.wl&rs=WEBL12.04&service=Find&spa=nycrr-1000&vr=2.0

OFFICIAL COMPILATION OF CODES, RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORKTITLE 17. DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATIONCHAPTER IV. HIGHWAYSSUBCHAPTER C. HIGHWAY USE AND MAINTENANCEPART 156. USE OF REST AND PARKING AREAS AND SCENIC OVERLOOKSCurrent through January 31, 2012

* Section 156.12.* Firearms and weapons.

(a) At no time shall drawn bows, loaded firearms, loaded air guns, spring guns or other such weapons be permitted in any rest or parking area or scenic overlook, nor shall any bow, firearm, air gun, spring gun or other weapon be discharged for any reason in any rest or parking area or scenic overlook.

(b) This provision shall not apply to peace officers, as defined in section 154 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, or to State police officers, conservation officers or special game protectors.

17 CRR-NY 156.12
17 CRR-NY 156.12
2011 WL 74153737
17 CRR-NY 156.12

END OF DOCUMENT
wth is "other such weapons", and no discharging even if deadly force is permissible under Article 35?

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
This is not a new law. Been in NYCRR for a long time.

People think it's new because handgunlaw.us updated their site to reference the law recently. Previously they said it was legal to carry in rest stops "per NYSP"

·
6,795 Posts
Keep in mind this is a rule or regulation and NOT a law. So I believe the penalties for breaking this law is a fine. On top of that obviously the just could revoke your permit.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Lol, one of the reasons I used to upgrade my permit to unrestricted was while traveling and stopping at rest stops. Guess the judge who granted my request didn't know (or care) about that Reg either...

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Let's not sweat the small stuff.
Slowly but surely they whittle away our rights. Once they're gone, it's very difficult to get them back. We NEED to sweat the small stuff!

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Lol, one of the reasons I used to upgrade my permit to unrestricted was while traveling and stopping at rest stops. Guess the judge who granted my request didn't know (or care) about that Reg either...
Yea, no kidding, safe places those reat area are at night

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
The law says DRAWN. If you are concealed you are good to go. DRAWN means....
To take or pull out. To move or pull as to uncover something. To pull out a weapon for use.

However, if you fire for self defense, an ahole District Attorney can charge you because you discharged your firearm. Stupid law. It was written with the liberal mentality that only police can defend themselves. A CCW holder never entered their brain housing group when they wrote the law and added exceptions because in their mind citizens can't protect themselves.

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
The law says DRAWN. If you are concealed you are good to go. DRAWN means....
To take or pull out. To move or pull as to uncover something. To pull out a weapon for use.

However, if you fire for self defense, an ahole District Attorney can charge you because you discharged your firearm. Stupid law. It was written with the liberal mentality that only police can defend themselves. A CCW holder never entered their brain housing group when they wrote the law and added exceptions because in their mind citizens can't protect themselves.
It says "drawn bows" and "loaded firearms".

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts