New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the " Runnings" store website and see that they will carry reloading supplies on the shelves.
The Gloversville NY store showed pics of RCBS presses, tools, books and a glass case with perhaps bullets.

There are 4 Stores coming to NY. Rome, Gloversville, Canadaigua, and Clay ( the old Walmart).
They seem to be like a Tractor Supply Company type store based in the mid-west.

My buddy applied for the store manager position at the Clay location. Hope it works out for him. (discounts for me :) )

Might not excite anyone but its nice to see Guy Stuff readily available.

·
Super Moderator
3,236 Posts
The one in Rome is supposed to open the first week of Sept.. I'm going to check it out first thing. They are running (no pun intended)TV ads here already.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Their prices look decent.
They have pistols & rifles at $40 less than Gander if you compare current flyers.
Ammo is a few bucks less per box as well ( .40 or 9mm Fiocchi for $14.99)
Hope that NY has the same pricing as the Mid-west stores.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
I checked out the new store in Gloversville yesterday pretty cool wish it wasn't 40 miles away(then maybe that's a good thing) Picked up some 22lr snap caps and a set of 1 1/4'' Talon sling swivels for another GI sling for Appleseed this weekend. They had a pretty good amount of reloading supplies(still waiting on powder)I'll have to plan to leave early next year when the Benchrest league starts up at Pine Tree.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How are their prices?

Looking at their flyers for the mid-west stores they seemed good.
$15 for some 9mm ammo, $30 less on a S&W pistol. Same for one of their rifles ( compared to Gander Mountain's ad).

·
Super Moderator
3,236 Posts
I checked out the Rome store. Ammo was a bit pricey. A 100 pack of WWB 9mm was $60, WalMart in Rome sells it for $45. They did have CCI Small Pistol and Small Rifle primers. The shelf is marked $3.99 per 100 pack but in fine print it says 10 packs for $28.95. I haven't seen primer prices under $34/1000 in two years. Berry plated bullets were $85 or so per 1000 for 9mm. They don't have powder yet but it is supposed to be on the way. RCBS presses, dies, and parts are on the shelves. Didn't pay any attention to the gun prices as they were all long guns and that's not so much my interest.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
$60--Ouch!

Bass Pro had (has) the 100 rd WWB 9mm at $23.00 ( of course out of stock) so I guess that it doesn't count.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I'm all for converting all the Walmarts into big gun/reloading stores! :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
I work at the one in canandaigua. I was one of the first hired. I work in the receiving department. Fun place to work but it sure is putting a dent in my wallet I see everything that comes of the trucks. Lots more hunting and shooting product coming. Runnings does price match if you have proof. Grand opening coming in mid october with lots of good prizes

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I checked out the Rome store. Ammo was a bit pricey. A 100 pack of WWB 9mm was $60, WalMart in Rome sells it for $45. They did have CCI Small Pistol and Small Rifle primers. The shelf is marked $3.99 per 100 pack but in fine print it says 10 packs for $28.95. I haven't seen primer prices under $34/1000 in two years. Berry plated bullets were $85 or so per 1000 for 9mm. They don't have powder yet but it is supposed to be on the way. RCBS presses, dies, and parts are on the shelves. Didn't pay any attention to the gun prices as they were all long guns and that's not so much my interest.
Wheres that store in Rome located? That's a close drive if they do end up getting powder in at a decent price.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wheres that store in Rome located? That's a close drive if they do end up getting powder in at a decent price.
On the Rome-Taberg Rd in the old Home Depot building ( the road that goes to Camden)
Not far from the WalMart.

·
Super Moderator
3,236 Posts
$60--Ouch!

Bass Pro had (has) the 100 rd WWB 9mm at $23.00 ( of course out of stock) so I guess that it doesn't count.
Sorry I quoted the price as 9mm, it was .45ACP. The prices are right though.

·
Registered
465 Posts
My co worker went to the Gloversville store a few days ago.They wouldnt sell him pistol ammo as his permit address didnt match his drivers licence as he had recently moved.He left a cart of over $300+ sitting there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts