New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This rifle has been in the back of the safe awaiting the new Mid Length MOE handguards which just came out. The Middy MOE's lock up much tighter than the carbine MOE's and offer a ton of mounting possibilities for lights, VFGs, etc. The total package is extremely light weight and super easy to maneuver. I'm thinking this will take over as my new HD rifle. :D

*NY ban compliant rifle

Specs:

BCM 14.5" upper with perm attached FSC556
BCM BCG
BCM Gunfighter CH
BCM "blem" complete lower with H buffer
Magpul MOE Mid Length Hand guard, MOE grip, MOE stock (pinned), B.A.D. Lever and Illumination kit
Aimpoint T-1 on a LaRue tall mount
TLR-1 light
(forgot to add the rear folding Troy BUIS and ambi-selector...oops)

Stock pinned in close per Chris Fry's recommendation making it very handy to maneuver indoors. ;)

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Nice digs - I have had a lot of fun with my 14.5" BCM upper (SOCOM Carbine) as well. They have an incredible reputation and nothing but good things has been my experience. They are really cheap as well and offer mil-spec uppers/lowers.

Is this your first experience with BCM? Did they send you a free hat too?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice digs - I have had a lot of fun with my 14.5" BCM upper (SOCOM Carbine) as well. They have an incredible reputation and nothing but good things has been my experience. They are really cheap as well and offer mil-spec uppers/lowers.

Is this your first experience with BCM? Did they send you a free hat too?
Love the free hats. :D I have at least one of each with the exception of the tan American flag ripstop hat.

My BCM rifles are certainly my favorite AR's over the LMT, Noveske and S&W M&P rifles. I have thousands of rounds through them and zero malfunctions that weren't mag related. What more can you ask for? I used a BCM 14.5" Middy with OmegaX rail at Chris' CC 1&2 course that ran like a champ.

Bravo earned my complete respect with top notch weaponry and a commitment to their customers and our nation's Warriors. In fact, they donated two rifles for a wounded Marine sniper from NY...one is being raffled off on Veteran's Day (see the thread tacked in General Discussions) and the other is being presented to that Marine on the same day. :)

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Love the free hats. :D I have at least one of each with the exception of the tan American flag ripstop hat.

My BCM rifles are certainly my favorite AR's over the LMT, Noveske and S&W M&P rifles. I have thousands of rounds through them and zero malfunctions that weren't mag related. What more can you ask for? I used a BCM 14.5" Middy with OmegaX rail at Chris' CC 1&2 course that ran like a champ.

Bravo earned my complete respect with top notch weaponry and a commitment to their customers and our nation's Warriors. In fact, they donated two rifles for a wounded Marine sniper from NY...one is being raffled off on Veteran's Day (see the thread tacked in General Discussions) and the other is being presented to that Marine on the same day. :)
Yes, I saw that about the freebies they gave away. I got the green rip stop hat with my order.

I am intending on signing up for some of Chris' CC classes when time permits and taking mine out for it. I have the upper on a pre-ban lower so it has all the evil features minus the flash hider being welded on to be NFA compliant. I put a MWI free float rail I got from AST on mine - worked out pretty well. I certainly wouldn't hesitate to buy anything from BCM again.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I saw that about the freebies they gave away. I got the green rip stop hat with my order.

I am intending on signing up for some of Chris' CC classes when time permits and taking mine out for it. I have the upper on a pre-ban lower so it has all the evil features minus the flash hider being welded on to be NFA compliant. I put a MWI free float rail I got from AST on mine - worked out pretty well. I certainly wouldn't hesitate to buy anything from BCM again.
That sounds like an excellent setup. The SOCOM uppers are on my "To Do" list, but the BFH 14.5" Middy is going on my next rifle. I'm hoping Bravo starts offering the new BattleComp 1.5's sometime soon so I can compare those against the FSC556's. This BRD thing is no joke! :p

·
Registered
266 Posts
JW1069 very nice rifle. I plan on picking up a BCM 14.5 lightweight w/ pinned FCS556 mid length once they are back in stock (reportedly early Nov.). The LW upper will have MOE's and sit on my Cav Arms MKII lower.

Just wondering, did you grind off your bayonet lug or did BCM do it for you?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JW1069 very nice rifle. I plan on picking up a BCM 14.5 lightweight w/ pinned FCS556 mid length once they are back in stock (reportedly early Nov.). The LW upper will have MOE's and sit on my Cav Arms MKII lower.

Just wondering, did you grind off your bayonet lug or did BCM do it for you?
Bravo doesn't offer this service as far as I know, so yes this was a DIY job. The bayo lug is easy enough to remove with a dremmel, fine file and some cold blue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts