New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally finished the AR-15 I've been building since November. Put it together piece-by-piece, and it's just satisfying to finally see it put together and finished.

The entire upper is Stag Arms, on an All-Star Tactical billet lower. Stock is a Vltor Imod (decided to spring for the higher-end stock, mostly because I really like the cheek weld), and the rest of the furniture is MagPul. Charging handle is the BCM "Gunfighter" handle, which I'm especially looking forward to trying. Everything fits together well, not much rattling or play in the parts. All-Star also did the color fill for me as well. The folks there were very nice and helpful.

Haven't had a chance to get out to the range; waiting for my membership stuff to show up from one of the local ranges. Probably take it out for the inaugural run next week :) Also still need to get a scope on there, hopefully by the end of the month.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Solid build with good parts, plus FDE/black always looks goooooooooood

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Very nice.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Looks great...let us know how it shoots. :cool:

Any particular reason you're rocking two front sling swivels?

·
Registered
416 Posts
The Stag Arms 2H Upper comes with two sling loops installed. I just picked one up this weekend and I thought it was odd as well.
Really? Who'd a thunk it. :err: I hammer out the rivet and remove the swivel under the FSB anyway because that loop tends to get caught under the index finger of my support hand.

·
R.I.P. to our friend PY-3-21-2016
5,474 Posts
I liked the side sling mount on mine. You'll find the Stag to be a really soft shooter. Loud but that brake really kills the recoil.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts