New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought some folks in the Albany area might be interested in this. A guy I work with just opened a new shooting supply store on Central Ave in Albany. It's a small shop, and he's just getting started, but it looks like he's got a decent selection of ammo, and his prices on the stuff I usually buy seem to be pretty good. There's also a rack of reloading supplies and I think he said he just got in some powder.
As of yesterday afternoon, he had 5 or 6 boxes of 325 round Federal Automatch .22LR left in stock (havent seen that in stores in almost 2 years), along with a lot of Aguila subsonic and Scorpion 22LR. There's also cleaning supplies and cases and that sort of thing, and he'll do ammo transfers from internet orders. Sounds like he's getting more stuff in as he goes.

The place is called NY Shooter Supply (you can google the website for directions) on the north side of Central Ave, just a few blocks west of I-87. I don't have any affiliation with the place, other than working with one of the owners.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Thanks for the info I'll have to check it out when I'm in the area
do u know if he carrier 10mm auto ?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
NY Shooter Supply just a few blocks from American Shooter Supply? Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen to me.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
My Google-fu must be lacking, no luck for me finding NY Shooter supply. American shooter supply is a few blocks west of 87 on the South side of Central, but that has been there for years as B&J.

Did B&J get a new name with same management? I thought B&J, Oakwood and American Trade were all under the same ownership?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ny shooter supply .com ( without the spaces - name gets blocked out on here ). Doesn't pop up in Google for me either, strange. Not related to B&J, although now that someone mentioned it, the names are pretty similar. Not sure if he's got 10mm or not, but it seemed like there was a pretty decent selection for a place just starting out. Even saw a few boxes of .50BMG and .500 Nitro Express at the counter.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Can u get the physical address ? Or how far down from American shooting supply

·
Registered
122 Posts
Maybe I should visit there and offer to trade him some 325 Federal Automatch for some powder, as I have quite a few bricks of it, but could use various powder. Do you know what he had in stock?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
]
Did B&J get a new name with same management? I thought B&J, Oakwood and American Trade were all under the same ownership?
They are under the same ownership. Not sure why he decided to change the B&J name to American Shooter Suppy... maybe to get rid of the bad history, bad blood, and bad memories of "J".

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Maybe I should visit there and offer to trade him some 325 Federal Automatch for some powder, as I have quite a few bricks of it, but could use various powder. Do you know what he had in stock?
I'm attaching a couple pics he sent me when I asked about powder and primers in stock. Food Paint Drink Retail Plastic bottle Shelving Publication Shelf Wood Carton

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
While I wish them all the luck in the world, that picture really does show a sad state of affairs here in NY doesn't it? LMPP and no magnum pistol powders, medium speed and magnum rifle powders, but no rifle primers at all. At least there are SPP and Titegroup on hand. I know you do not really need to buy both primers and powder in one trip, but sometimes it feels like getting all the components you need to reload at the same time and in the correct amounts is like a blind man trying to create a gourmet plate at the Chinese buffet just using his sense of smell. Lots of trial and error, and more then a few not so spectacular results.

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
I stopped in yesterday to check it out, Not much stock yet but the price's on what was there seemed fair. Will have to stop again when I'm down that way, Hopefully there will be more inventory! The owner father was watching the store nice guy wished them Luck!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nortatoga,

Thanks for stopping in. Yeah, we are just stocking up. Things are easy to get but we are trying our best. Please let me know if you are looking for anything in particular and we will be sure to get it in stock!

Thanks,
-Matt
Owner - NY Shooter Supply
1593 Central Ave.
Albany, NY 12205
500 yards off Exit 2W of the Northway in the Olde Saratoga Coin Plaza.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I stopped in yesterday to check it out, Not much stock yet but the price's on what was there seemed fair. Will have to stop again when I'm down that way, Hopefully there will be more inventory! The owner father was watching the store nice guy wished them Luck!!
Did you happen to see if they had magazines or anything like that?

·
Registered
489 Posts
i was in there around 6 today. had a bunch of .22 for all you .22 lovers out there!
Leave me some... I can't get there until later tomorrow!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts