New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new Colt 1860 and I have never fired one before. I have read up on them since I bought it last year and talked to as many people as I can but I want to make sure there isn't something I am missing. My father always says "you don't know what you don't know" and I want to know what I don't know. I have the right powder, nipples, balls and bore butter. Any tips or advice?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
theres gotta be some youtube videos out there about how to load and fire those if thats the info you are looking for...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I watched them but when it comes to firearms I have never fired I always ask twice. Since there are no replies, that tells me there isn't anything I should be too worried about it. Thanks crew!

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
Is it a kit or did it come complete? Does it lock up properly when you work the action? I think I would load and fire one cylinder at a time before I went for a full loading.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did. Before that I fired a round of caps just to make sure everything was 100%. It was so different from anything I have ever fired before but an absolute blast!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts