New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally...finished this.

I think once done it will be a nice military type clone. I know a lot of guys want rifles like they "carried" while in the service and deployed overseas, so it will make for a good display and demo gun. Ive got a mint unissued Knights quad package with the Matech sight on hand...for a second 14.5 build, which I hope to save up for so it can wear an ACOG...

Anyhow-

Below is a list of parts. Let me know what you think.

Colt 14.5 upper with Knights quad (with panels and VFG) and Colt BCG. Pretty sure its an ex-military / "surplussed" one...

Delaware Machinery Lower. I dont care what people say about "inexpensive" lowers, I have had ZERO issues with the 10+ Delaware lowers I personally own and have had built up into complete rifles...and the dozens we have sold. Delaware lowers assemble nicely, they are on the "tight" side, where you wont have pins falling out, you wont need the anti-walk pins, and the fit to the dozen+/- uppers ive messed with have all been on the tight side. Id rather have it be too tight, than a sloppy fit.

PSA lower build kit. I plan to replace the buttstock with a well worn one, or a take home one that gives this the right "look"

A2X fake flash to bring it to the legal 16in to be a non-SBR. Id rather not have to get this registered...very limiting if I wanted to resell it.

Carry handle is a mil-spec trade in / surplus one, so its well worn but solid as heck.

Magazine is one of a few I got from "Romeo" squad from 2nd Plt that have military unit and personnel ID markings on.

Debating artificially putting "wear" on the upper/lower receivers to give it the "been there" look, as the rest of the parts are very well used as you can see.

· Registered
2,746 Posts
For a m4 clone wouldent you want the matech flip up rear sight? I haven't seen a carry handle since basic training. Any service m4 I've had has had a matech rear sight and a m68

· Premium Member
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
For a m4 clone wouldent you want the matech flip up rear sight? I haven't seen a carry handle since basic training. Any service m4 I've had has had a matech rear sight and a m68
ive seen a few pics of carry handles on issued guns still. Also being I dont have an Aimpoint to mount at the moment, the carry handle is a better option than the Matech sight (ive got a few of them here). If I pick up an Aimpoint then I may install it on this.

ETA: here is an AF M4

Iraq 2006 issued rifle

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.