New York Firearms Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. As some of you know we lost the Neversink gravel pit shooting range due to several reasons. Safety, Noise and the biggest was littering by shooters.
On June 13th Forestburgh Town Hall @ 6pm there will be a meeting regarding ALL the issues within the Neversink Unique Area.
I have spoke with Matthew Paul of the DEC Reg 3 and he said he has no plans to allow it's reopening but would entertain a proposal to use it for planned events. I suggested volunteers to act as "Range officers" to enforce cleaning up (He didn't bite).
So.... I am askng you to join me on the 13th and to help me put together a proposal for using the range area for once a month competitions. I'm not sure where to start. But I do know it would involve a joint effort from every self respecting, law abiding shooter in this area and beyond,

I would like to be able to present this to him with a plan to have a club sponsor it.

Here is the link and text from the DEC website regarding this.
Neversink River Unique Area - NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation

Neversink River Unique Area

The Neversink River Unique Area Management Unit is in the incorporated Towns of Forestburgh and Thompson, Sullivan County, in southeast New York State. This management unit consists of the 4,881-acre Neversink River Unique Area, sometimes called the Neversink Gorge, and the 585-acre Wolf Brook Multiple Area. All these lands are owned by the People of the State of New York and administered by the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation.
Current Plan - 1997

Neversink River Unique Area Unit Management Plan (PDF, 387 KB)
Public Comment

DEC is currently accepting public comment on a proposed amendment to the Neversink River Unique Area Unit Management Plan. This public comment period will close on July 13, 2012.
A public meeting will be held on Wednesday June 13, 2012 at 6:00PM, at:
Forestburgh Town Hall
332 King Road
Forestburgh, NY 12777
(845) 794-0611
If you have questions and/or comments about this UMP, please email us at:
[email protected].
Comments may also be submitted in writing to:
DEC Region 3
Lands and Forests - UMP
21 South Putt Corners Road
New Paltz, NY 12561-1620