New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The next 5th column journalism article you read or the next poll you see; keep this in mind.

PS: Read the line right below the headline too.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Nice reference..... I dig it.

I'm in it for the long haul.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
3 weeks since this story hit, and not a SINGLE ad from Astorino regarding the Moreland debacle.

2/3 of New Yorkers aren't even aware of Cuomo's role in this chitstorm.

Varmint, I appreciate your enthusiasm but can't hide my disgust.

Astorino is not a serious candidate.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Guy raises a good point as far as NYers not knowing. Radio yesterday say more upstate NYers know about Moreland Commission then downstate.

Age old story about those that are in power writing history. If people don't know what happend, it didn't happen.... It doesn't exist. People gotta know about this federal investigation is not just accusations.... It's serious and the rest of the state just doesn't know because big media isn't being forced to show more of it.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
I gotta think that Astorino is biding his time to use his money in the wisest manner. think about it.. he has a very limited budget, he needs to run his ads closer to election time. if he burns through his loot now people will forget all about it come sept/oct. I think we will see a sharp increase in ads after labor day weekend. como can counter his 3 fold... so he has to be smart about it. the biggest impact will be shortly before the election when peoples memories will be fresh.

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I gotta think that Astorino is biding his time to use his money in the wisest manner. think about it.. he has a very limited budget, he needs to run his ads closer to election time. if he burns through his loot now people will forget all about it come sept/oct. I think we will see a sharp increase in ads after labor day weekend. como can counter his 3 fold... so he has to be smart about it. the biggest impact will be shortly before the election when peoples memories will be fresh.
aka: Tortoise and the Hare.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Yes we can!!

The next 5th column journalism article you read or the next poll you see; keep this in mind.

PS: Read the line right below the headline too.

Varmint,

I will remember and I will continue to donate and talk to people about voting this fall. Just left the Astorino web site and volunteered again. Rob's game plan is not clear to me but I expect a full out blitz in the media coming soon. I have heard of some big money donors coming on board to Astorino's campaign and Bobby Jindals indorsement can do nothing but good IMO.
This is what I can do and all I can do. I was born, raised and have lived in NYS for 60 years my family is here and my ashes will be spread across this beautiful state. I am not going anywhere. I am in a SYG defense looking for the best.

:flag:

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Yeah, but there has to be other ways to get his mug on the TV, and via that, get his message out. It's county/state fair time, he should be at everyone of those, walking the grounds. All the local channels have booths, he could stop by, say hi, get himself some free publicity, etc.

Agree he has to ramp up closer to election, but he has to be able to do something now. Rent a van, drive the state. It can't cost that much money.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
3 weeks since this story hit, and not a SINGLE ad from Astorino regarding the Moreland debacle.

On the contrary, why spend money you don't have and the press is burying him for free. I'd expect to see ads about it in September October

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
nothing lately from Astorino or Moreland commission....BUT......I'm hoping the Astorino camp has their fingers on the furhers balls and are waiting to squeeze.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Don't forget, a lot of people are still vacationing in August so why spend all that money when a possible good portion of your audience is not there to hear your message.

·
Registered
154 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Exactly, why waste good money on ads that will not be seen by the target audience. I also would not trust mainstream media, 90% of the state could know about Astorino and they would never admit it. Come September you will see a barrage of ads from Astorino. Here is an original thought, to make up for the lack of ads, we as supporters should educate as many people as we can. Let them know who the choices are, let them know there is a chance to take this state back. If they are against Common Core, Astorino is against Common Core as well. If you see a anti unSAFE act sign on someones lawn, stop and see if they would like an Astorino sign to compliment the other sign. This election it is going to be partly up to us to spread the message. If you shall encounter anyone who doesn't care or says my vote doesn't count. Let them know they should care and their vote does count. Try to find one thing they cherish and relate your conversation to that concern.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
Let's be realistic. Saying Rob A ads are not running due to people being on vacation is false. It's not a good political move to wait until the last minute to run ads. It looks bad if someone just comes out of the wood work with tons of ads. Many in this state have not even heard of the guy. He better do something, and quick. Princess Andy will get the vast majority of the downstate vote. The city will continue to rule the state sadly.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Also by putting out ads he will make Andy scramble now that teachout force a primary on her hiness andrea!

·
Registered
1,456 Posts

I couldnt agree more. I think that Asterino hired Cuomos campaign manager! It really seems like this, Asterino is basically letting Cuomo walk to the finish line.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I think more upstate knowing then down state isn't a bad thing. Upstate needs to motivate new voters. Down state will drool to the polls and pull the same lever either way. We just need to let them know cuomo will win so they may as well save their bus money and not vote.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Exactly, why waste good money on ads that will not be seen by the target audience.
How do you know what his "target" audience is, and why do you think waiting for an 11th hour miracle is anything but wishful thinking? Defeating an incumbent is hard enough, trying to do so without spending any money until the very end is a sure way to lose. Cuomo's spent MILLIONS for months on negative ads because they don't work, and people are on vacation? 2 months to the election and Astorino hasn't laid a glove on Cuomo, this is amateur hour at it's worst. Barring a federal indictment, the election is already over.

·
Registered
260 Posts
How do you spend money you don't have? If he had pissed through his ad budget in August, you would all be on here in October chanting "Where's Rob's ad campaign? ".

Howsabout doing something constructive and badgering your party chairs to support a legitimate candidate with party money.

Jesus Christ you guys should be running his campaign for him. <rolls eyes>

1 - 20 of 44 Posts