New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Model 60. Blued with the Birch stock. It was like early 90's I think. Anyway it is the 22" barrel and after they reduced the Mag down to a 14+1 to play nice with New Jerkey. A buddy lost the inner mag tube on me. Everyone is backordered and I see there are kits to make your own. I need a few pics and a few dimensions. If anyone can help...much appreciated. These guns have 3 different sized tubes from what I can find. so it has to be the same barrel length AND mad capacity.

· Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a ton. any chance you have a pick of th eorange follower plug without the tape there? I think the make your own kit will work for this. I believe I can roll groove that end with a dulled up tube cutter with a spacer inserted in the tube.

· Registered
5,312 Posts

· Registered
9,724 Posts
I have a Model 60. Blued with the Birch stock. It was like early 90's I think. Anyway it is the 22" barrel and after they reduced the Mag down to a 14+1 to play nice with New Jerkey. A buddy lost the inner mag tube on me. Everyone is backordered and I see there are kits to make your own. I need a few pics and a few dimensions. If anyone can help...much appreciated. These guns have 3 different sized tubes from what I can find. so it has to be the same barrel length AND mad capacity.
Ok time to karma the hell outta this ......

Furniture Table Wood Wood stain Hardwood

Yours if it will work for ya. I can get another later. It's out of a 2009 Marlin 60 with the 14rd mag.

One of the sizes is for the Old Style. The thing that will tell you which one you need is if you have 2 pin slots in your outer tube. If so ... this should be the one you need. It has two pins vs the single pins that were on the older versions.

Take the first two numbers of the serial No.on the receiver and subtract it from 2000. There's your year of Manufacture. :) This started I believe in 1971. The first two numbers would be the year it was made prior to '71, then they changed it to the first two numbers subtracted from 2000 THEN in 2000 the serial No. began with 00 then 01, 02, 03 and so on and I think the serial number went to 9 numbers instead of the normal 8 numbers. I could be wrong though.

· Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It came....in perfect condition and fit like a glove. It cycles shells through without a flaw. Thanks again. I really appreciate it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.