New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So that AR15 question I asked the other day was b/c Palmetto had the Colt 6720 (the rifle I have wanted for a LONG time) is on sale for $800 (a fantastic deal for a colt rifle). However, Palmetto is unable to sell the rifle to either me or my FFL due to the convoluted and foggy wording of the laws. I also missed out on all the great BCM uppers as they are all out of stock or out of my price range.

My question to my friends here at NYF, where can I get a quality upper (BCM, Colt, military specification of better) with a pencil profile (.625 at the gas block) that won't break the bank. I've looked all over and cannot find anything. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
703 Posts
Adams Arms Evo Ultralight would work but you either have to have your existing AR's registered or Mag unremovable or Thordson stock

·
Registered
313 Posts
best bet is find an upper you like and swap out the barrel for a pencil profile one. PSA will ship any upper you want right to your door just not a full rifle or stripped lower + LPK in the same order.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
best bet is find an upper you like and swap out the barrel for a pencil profile one. PSA will ship any upper you want right to your door just not a full rifle or stripped lower + LPK in the same order.
They will ship stripped lower and parts kit. I know someone who had it sent to FFL.

·
Registered
255 Posts
What is your budget? i picked up my evo ultralight barrel for only $230. You cant edge much under $200 and expect a quality barrel, especially a niche one.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Learn to build an upper if you really want custom, it's super easy. If you can change a cars oil and tires, you can build an AR-15 upper.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
find the barrel and the rest of the parts you want and assemble it your self

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've liked the Daniel Defense uppers for a few years, quality, at a decent price, though building your own isn't hard as others have mentioned.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Check out primary arms for uppers too. I just bought one with no complaints. I don't know what the carry in pencil or lightweight profiles, but the government profile I bought from them came with BCG and charging handle.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts