New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help!!! I recently came across this rifle through a friend and tried doing some research of the rifle... From what my friend, Dystruktoboi1 and I were able to find, is that this rifle is made by a company that no longer makes this specific rifle anymore. The company was sued back in the day for basically cloning the Ruger 10/22, so if anything, you could consider this the H&K/GSG5 lawsuit of back in the day. I need help finding out whether this thing is preban or not. If it is, I'd rather sell it to a NYer, but from what my friend and I did find out, the stock and everything that is pictured below, is how the rifle came from the factory.

The rifle is called (based on barrel markings) an "AMT 25/22 Lightning" and is chambered in .22LR. If anyone could give me a current worth of this thing, I'd really appreciate your help. All I know is that they are rare. The stock is a side-folder as well.

·
I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,795 Posts
I dont have time right now but I would suggest typing arcadia machine & tool V. Ruger or similar into google. the lawsuit should be public record and going by the date of the lawsuit you should be able to possibly date the rifle. So if the lawsuit was before the ban then the company could no longer make them after the lawsuit and hence all rifles would be before the ban.

If its after the ban then I am sure in the lawsuit it states when the first rifles were made and you can go from there.
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
made between 1986-1993, 100% condition 2010 bbogv says $300
Oh awesome!, thanks for the information, Bill. Makes me feel so much better knowing this is definitely preban. I appreciate the help that everyone has given me!

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You need to give me that and take my Savage Edge .308 ... you do really. I ain't lying. ;) Pretty neat find.

Sweet that you found the video! Thanks! Also, I may have to think about it a bit, not sure exactly what I'd try to value this thing at yet. If you want to, PM me some offers of other rifles/pistols you may like to trade for it! I don't have a pistol permit in NY, but you can ship to my FFL for pistols.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I thought these were cool and then one of the characters in World War Z, guy in a wheelchair, used it as his main Z kill weapon and that made it extra sweet. Enjoy it! I would!!!!

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Sweet that you found the video! Thanks! Also, I may have to think about it a bit, not sure exactly what I'd try to value this thing at yet. If you want to, PM me some offers of other rifles/pistols you may like to trade for it! I don't have a pistol permit in NY, but you can ship to my FFL for pistols.
May want to add that your FFL would be located in North Carolina since your location is still Cooperstown on here.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
May want to add that your FFL would be located in North Carolina since your location is still Cooperstown on here.
I'm pretty sure people could translate the obvious portion that mentions, "I don't have a pistol permit in NY, but you can ship to my FFL for pistols" as being somewhere other than NY lol.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think I'm putting this up in the for sale section here shortly. It will have to be shipped since I got this thing AFTER my buddy went back to NY. Not sure what price tag to put on it, but I'm more into trading around. I'd love to grab a CETME for a friend, another 1911, or even other AKs. I'm sure something can be worked out. The magazine on this thing was bought with the rifle, so it is preban as well.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
HOLY *******........LOL.......A "Cloned" .22 with an Eotech sight on it.....THEN calling a rifle with scope rings on it,empty scope rings I might add,"Ghost Rings" ??? Geeezzz remind me never to go shooting with that clown.....:eek:

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
HOLY *******........LOL.......A "Cloned" .22 with an Eotech sight on it.....THEN calling a rifle with scope rings on it,empty scope rings I might add,"Ghost Rings" ??? Geeezzz remind me never to go shooting with that clown.....:eek:
He did say "Kinda like ghost rings." and if he bought an EOtech sight he can use it on whatever he wants, its his. He was safe and that is all that really matters in the long run, I'd rather shoot with a guy who handles his firearms properly even if he calls his AK mags "clips" all day long then a guy who knows all the proper terms but loves to leave his finger on a hot trigger while it's pointed at your side.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
He did say "Kinda like ghost rings." and if he bought an EOtech sight he can use it on whatever he wants, its his. He was safe and that is all that really matters in the long run, I'd rather shoot with a guy who handles his firearms properly even if he calls his AK mags "clips" all day long then a guy who knows all the proper terms but loves to leave his finger on a hot trigger while it's pointed at your side.
Image son.....It's all about the image.....:cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts