New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the life of me I cannot find a dual output drop in. I want a 400+ lumen (the higher the better) high and a long runtime low. It seems the only thing I can find is a single output or some ridiculous 5 output with strobe, SOS, bat signal and other useless non sense. I want a surefire p2x fury but @ 125$ I can put together and equivalent with a good aftermarket drop in for a third of the price.

·
Occupy NYF JBT Tank Operator
2,326 Posts
M61's to fit Surefire & Malkoff : Malkoff Devices. Super bright, powerful LED modifications for flashlights, LED light pucks, Super bright, powerful LED modifications for flashlights, LED light pucks

Almost what you're looking for but it will be the best quality you can find. I'm assuming you at talking a 2x 123 cell light and not a single or triple cell one. You either have your choice of single mode outputs/run times or there is a 3 mode bulb. If you've never heard of them then search around candlepowerforums, they have a cult-like following since these things are bomb-proof.

Unfortunately, the 2 mode that you want only exists really when you buy a complete light and isn't P60 drop-in compatible unless you have someone on candlepowerforums build you one. The drop-ins normally come in 1,3, and 5 modes.

·
Occupy NYF JBT Tank Operator
2,326 Posts
Malkoff makes the Elzetta lights which are considered the weaponlight standard right now. The Elzettas are all powered by the Malkoff P60 drop-ins. Spend some time reading on CPFs before you buy anything, you may find that you don't want to go the P60 route. LMK if I can answer other questions that you might have.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok I see elzetta everywhere I didn't know they were made by malkoff. I'm just starting to get into flashlights and It just seemed p60 is the most common and easiest way to go. I don't even have a host yet. I have a g2 mounted to my weapon now and I was looking at replacing the plastic head with a metal one and getting a high out put drop in. But I like the size and weight of the g2 as a handheld so I'm leaning towards buying a new light all together. I'm ready to get a solar force l2 host if I could find the right drop in but if there's a different size that's better for a weapon light I'm all ears.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.