New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Uberbi.. nah, I can't do it.
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I updated to iOS 8, so that I could use the Family Share with my daughter's new Mini. Now, when I open Safari, I can only load a page from the list of most used/favorites. If I try to type anything in the address bar, Safari closes. I've been able to work around it by using the search feature in Yahoo - not my first choice, but otherwise I can't get to any other web site - search for the site I want, then click from there.

I just did the update for 8.0.2, but that didn't do anything. I haven't done a total restore. When I asked this question in the Apple community forums, that's what one person suggested, but another said he had done it, and it didn't work.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Depends how much time and effort you want to expend. I think there are still some issues with ios 8 but for the moment you can try a reboot (power button and home button held down). Others have had luck with doing a "reset all settings". I think some of the remaining issues are with memory locations that get corrupted values. You can do an encrypted backup and restore which will retain passwords but my concern is that the corruption could be restored.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Well im no Apple master buuut..do a hard reset by..holding down the home button and the power button together for 10secs, all will go black then the apple symbol will come back..sometimes that all it takes. Or hopefully you have a backup on your PC and if need, revert back to 7.x to let you do at least be able to use it again with Safari ..or a first try fix..use a different software like..firefox, google chrome or others that I forgot..to get around the safari issue?

·
Registered
316 Posts
The hard reset described helps in many instances. Hopefully, it will resolve your problem. Also, turn off the sharing until your device stabilizes.
If you are you near an Apple Store, make an appt online and bring it in If not near a store, you could call Apple and get tech support to give you the exact steps to revolve your problem.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Ah - ha! You must have successfully installed my iOS 8 virus.

Pics to the highest bidder!

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
I have called APPEL three times to fix their download , they have downloaded all times but the glitches still remain so I'm not happy at this time but im about to order another IPad with IOS 7 , then refuse any downloads to " keep what I have instead of putting up with these aggravating problems ! This is my only idea at this point ! My iPad freezes , checks out of where I'm at , double loads pages and generally pisses me off so bad I almost took this iPad to the back porch for target practice ! My wife saved its happy self but I'm still pissed !

·
Uberbi.. nah, I can't do it.
3,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks so much for the ideas. I'll give them a try tomorrow. So tired of problems right now that I'm of the same mind as Sawman! Stupid iPad almost got thrown off the terrace for a nice 14 story flight.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
f updates..
im stil running on 4.2, with wayyyy more features then any 8.x..the joys of jailbreaking.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Apple screwed the pooch with the iP6 and iOS8 release.

RIP Steve. :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts