New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 1 piece away from getting everything I need to build my first AR build. What buffer tube weight do I use? Not sure what is needed as far as info so I will tell you what I can. Here is a little about the build. 16 inch barrel, mid length gas system, spikes tactical BCG 5.56(nickle boron), Collapsible 6 position stock(YES, its going on a Pre ban). Do I want a H(3.9)? or lighter(2.8)? INFO would be appreciated very much, thank you! Chime in oh great AR gurus!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Start with an H2 for middy gas system.

If you feel like you're getting excessive muzzle rise, go heavier (unlikely). If you are getting short stroking, go lighter , with an H (also an unlikely scenario).

·
Occupy NYF JBT Tank Operator
2,322 Posts
I put a H buffer in my Stag model 2 a year or so back. I really didn't notice a difference while using LC ammo. I really noticed a difference using Wolf ammo. Wolf has a much weaker powder charge and caused the rifle to short stroke with the H buffer. The short stroking caused the extractor to rip off the case rim leaving the empty case lodged in the chamber about every 10th rd. I had to knock it out with a cleaning rod. I put the carbine buffer back in and the issue disappeared. YMMV

1 - 4 of 4 Posts