New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had this trigger group left to me with a bunch of other stuff. Anyone know what it is from?

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
The square carrier dog is evidence that it's for a semi-auto. I believe that only the 1100 and 11-87 had those, earlier guns did not. And with the safety lock, it has to be pretty new.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Actually, it doesn't have a carrier release latch, so I don't believe it is for a semi. It also looks to have the flextab cuts, which I think are only present on 870's.
What do you call this?
1100 trigger.jpg

It most definitly looks to be from a 1100 or 1187. But the trigger appears to be out of postion, pushed too far forward

George

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don't know what to call that. I do have an 1100, and its carrier doesn't look like that. Mine looks like what's shown on this page.

Maybe it's a different version, I have no idea. If that is a release latch, that's even worse (i.e. harder to hit) than the one I'm familiar with.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I don't know what to call that. I do have an 1100, and its carrier doesn't look like that. Mine looks like what's shown on this page.

Maybe it's a different version, I have no idea. If that is a release latch, that's even worse (i.e. harder to hit) than the one I'm familiar with.
I assume you are talking about the first picture posted in the link you attached, before the after market lifter was installed? The trigger group is the same as what the OP posted. The only difference is the size of the stock bolt release lug. I have seen some Remingtons with this bigger lug, but I dont know if they are a factory. Their are a slew of aftermarket parts for these guns, bigger lugs being one of them.

George

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Took my 11-87 apart, and it's exactly the same thing aside from an aftermarket safety and carrier latch I installed on mine. I can't help but notice that on yours the rear Trigger Plate Pin Bushing is missing, which acts as a stop for the trigger mechanism, so this is why the trigger is allowed to travel as far forward as it is.

It's parts number 85 and 87.
Numrich Gun Parts Corp. - The World's Largest Supplier of Firearms Parts and Accessories

I believe the longer carrier release was for police and special purpose shotguns. Rather than going that route, I went with an extended release/ramp on mine, a DMW EZ loader.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the help everyone. Is there a market for used trigger groups like this? I don't see too many people modifying 11-87's?

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I've seen a method of converting the PPS-43 to semi-auto that utilizes a cut-down 870 trigger group. I'm sure that if you found someone who was looking into one of those you could make a deal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts